*Chapter Fifty Nine* {The End of the Affair}

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus questions Stefan with a taunting tone

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan admits. The small group enters an old quiet bar. There's no one else inside except for an older woman.

"You got to be kidding me," The woman states in disbelief. Her eyes bounce between Klaus and Stefan. She doesn't spare the others a glance just yet.

"So, a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"

"Stop," She says, shaking her head. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny," Klaus's mates simultaneously smirk. "I remember you," She states, turning her attention to Stefan. 

"Yeah, you're Gloria," Stefan recognizes. "Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now, if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch," Klaus explains.

"I can slow the aging down some - herbs and spells - but don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day," 

"Why don't all of you go to the bar and get yourselves something to drink," Klaus suggests, looking at his mates. "Fix me up something, will you?" Klaus tells Stefan. Enzo, Jeremy, and Stefan move to the bar, but Alvina stays. When Klaus turned his attention to them, so did Gloria. Her eyes instantly fell on Alvina.

"I'll be damned," Gloria mutters. Enzo stops walking and turns back around, having heard the witch. He realizes her attention is on his mate. He stays still, watching the interaction, ready to snap the witch's neck should she prove to be threatening to Alvina. "I've never met one of you before," Gloria moves closer but pauses when Klaus subtly takes a step between them. "I'll deal with you in a moment. She's more interesting,"

Alvina smirks at the flattering comment. Gloria steps closer, Klaus staying back this time but also watching closely.

"I thought your kind were extinct," Gloria tells her. 

"They could be, for all I know," Alvina shrugs. "I've only ever met one other than my mother," Jeremy glares at the floor at the thought of the fairy hunter.

"Of course they're not extinct, silly girl," Gloria chides. "You're standing right in front of me,"

"I'm only half-fairy," Alvina explains.

"And you think that makes you lesser?" Gloria arches her eyebrow.

"They're not exactly welcome in the fairy community," Alvina says. "They're thought of as impure, an..." Alvina cuts herself off, not wanting to say the word, especially in front of her temperamental mates.

"Have you ever thought that what they see as flaws are actually your strengths?" Gloria questions. Alvina doesn't answer but contemplates the suggestions.

Does Gloria honestly think that she could be as powerful as a full-blooded fairy? It couldn't be possible.

Firstly, her magic is different from a pureblood's. It's less potent, not as strong. Secondly, her human side lessens her physically. So, no, she couldn't be as strong as purebloods. Right?