*Chapter Sixty Two*

"There's my girl," Klaus says, suddenly coming face-to-face with the alive doppelganger

"Klaus," Elena gasps.

"You are supposed to be dead," He states, reappearing in front of her when she tries to make an escape. "What are we going to do about that?" Before she could reply or make another escape attempt Klaus grabs her arm. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now, my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing,"

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!" Elena snaps.

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer," He grins, pulling her into the gym. "Attention, seniors! You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home," Klaus announces feigning an American accent. "You two, I remember you,"

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Dana asks, tiling her head.

"Oh, don't worry. I wasn't in my right head last time we met," Klaus explains. "Lift your foot up please, Dana," He compels. "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" Chad nods.

"Don't, Klaus," Elena pleads. "You don't have to hurt anybody,"

"Oh, come on, love," Klaus grins. "Of course I do,"

"Where's my brother?" Elena asks, crossing her arms. The smirk disappears from Klaus's face being replaced with a scowl. Just as quickly as his look changes it changes again, this time it's wiped clean of emotion.

"I don't know," He lies, with a shrug. "I left him with the others once we got into town. I don't know where any of them are,"

He knew exactly where the three of his mates were. Not long after he left them in Mystic Falls they returned to the Gilbert House. Jeremy and his aunt are now reunited and catching up. Alvina is hunting down Damon and his mate. Enzo had been staying with Jeremy but Klaus assumed he has returned to Alvina by now.

"I wonder, would you be so eager to see your brother after he sold you out to me?" Klaus wonders. Elena's face falls. "How do you think I found out about you being alive?" He asks. He steps closer to her. "Your brother told me," He whispers.

Elena's mouth opens a bit in shock. She couldn't believe her own brother had sold her out to the man who wanted her dead. He sacrificed his summer and left his life behind to keep up with the lie of her being dead only to tell the truth after a few months? 

"And Stefan?" Elena asks in a whisper afraid of the answer.

"Oh, if I had to guess he's having some alone time with my sister," Klaus says, the smirk returning to his face.

"Your sister?" Elena whispers. Klaus hums.

"Haven't you heard?" He asks tilting his head. "Stefan's found his mate in my sister, Rebekah," He tell her enjoying how her face drops. "Your brother, my mate, gave away your little secret and your boyfriend is my sisters mate which leaves you with just your aunt. Has she forgiven you yet for all the things you've kept from her?" He asks. Elena glares at him but he continues to smirk enjoying the pain in her eyes.