32. Archon

(Pic of a just showered Riles ---->)

        My body was still twitching after all the loving it received from Riles over the past few days. Just thinking about it has my body clenching. I clenched my teeth as I remember that I am in the middle of a very important meeting. Can’t think about Riles right now. 

        I groan inwardly when all kinds of scenarios involving Riles flitted through my mind. Hang in there! It’s almost over! I finally manage to drag myself away from my dirty thoughts to hear Geoffrey conclude the meeting. Stretching my arms over my head, I get up out of the uncomfortable chair that I have been stuck for the past four hours. “So you gonna tell me what distracted your mind?” Turning I come face to face with Geoffrey, he was packing up the last few things in his briefcase. I smile a little embarrassed “My other half.” they don’t know I was mated to Riles, and I wasn’t planning on telling them.

        Geoffrey paused in mid motion, “Really? Who’s the lucky girl? And how do those things work with you?” He looked genuinely interested. I laugh a little uncomfortable, I am not sure if he’s a homophobe or not. “Uh...” I scratch the back of my head, deciding to be honest “My other half is a man.” Geoffrey looked taken aback, “Really? You even do same sex couples?” I shrug a little “Your mate is your mate, no matter if it’s a man or a woman.”

        I took it as a positive sign that he didn't scream or yell at me, like I expect a homophobe to do. Instead Geoffrey looked a little puzzled "So how do you know who your mate is? I mean there must be a lot of shifters to choose from?" He had a good question, as I think back to how I knew Riles was my mate I remember that scent was a major factor. "Mostly it's a certain scent that draws you to the other person. At least that how it was for me. I don't know how it was for my mate though; we never really talk about it. We just accept it." Geoffrey nodded once before we went our own ways, I went down the staircase and Geoffrey was waiting on the lift, he needed to talk to his superiors.

        I was happy to be going home earlier, school finished earlier too, so I was racing home. I was hoping to surprise Riles with my earlier homecoming, only to have the surprise turn on me as I enter the house.  And finding a wet and recently showered Riles exiting the bathroom, he was naked save for the towel on his head as he was drying his hair. "Hello love how was work?" I heard the words but my brain didn't process it since I was more interested in the several water drops rolling down his gorgeous chest. Making me want to link them off, unconsciously I licked my lips following the path of the water drops rather than listening to him talking. He chuckled and I snapped out of my daze, having to look up since he walked up to me as I was hypnotized with his naked wet chest. "It's very impolite to just ignore it when someone is talking to you love." By the gleam in his eye I know he was up to something, something exciting, so I whimpered in anticipation. Riles comes close so our chests touch, I arched up for a kiss only to be disappointed when he flicks my forehead and walked away. I open my mouth to respond but he just cut me off "Not on a week day in meeting week."

        I stomp my foot at the unfairness of it all, especially when I was so horny and excited. I pout throughout dinner in silence. Not ready to forgive Riles for his teasing, I ignore all his attempts to have a conversation. Making it clear I wasn't pleased with him. Days pass, and we're still not really talking, I am still ignoring Riles' attempts. By the end of Wednesday of our second week I am tired and having cold turkey of having no Riles. Even more so when I got back from one of the longest meeting I had experienced in meeting week to a dark cold house. I wanted to scream and cry, I had a stressful day at work and need my mate to help me let go of all the built up stress. Tired and feeling rejected, I went upstairs changed my clothes for some shorts and an old T-shirt of Riles before hiding under the blankets.