21. Archon

(Keelan looking uncomfortable --->)

        As I suspected, Keelan wasn't too happy to see me standing there before the first game of the season. He never really liked me to begin with and now he was part of the Pack was going to be around me even more. Since the first game was played today most classes were afternoon and some morning classes were cancelled.

        "What the hell do you want?" He sneered at me.

        I rolled my eyes at his unfriendly behaviour. "I don't know if you knew but the guy who dropped you off this morning is not going to pick you up. You're riding back with me." I don't know what he told his friends about the fact he had moved to the Pack lands nor was it my business, but one of his jock friends laughed as he slung his arm over Keelan's shoulder. His eyes went up and down my body, appreciating the view I think.

        I would definitely say so, by the way, he licked his lips and winked at me before being shoved away by an annoyed Keelan. "You came to watch the game?" The same guy asked back at me from behind Keelan.

        I shook my head "No, I didn't have some stuff to work on." 

        The guy pouted "Really? You're gonna be studying already on the first day back?"

        I sighed "Yes I am."

        Since Keelan was in most of my classes, regardless of the fact that he is a year above me, he finished mostly around the same time I did. I was still annoyed that we had to bring Keelan home with us, but I did notice that ever since he and his family joined the Pack, Dean was looking very exhausted all the time. Now that we most likely will be picking up and dropping off Keelan, he would hopefully get some well-deserved rest.

        As I sat at the library desk with my books, paper and pencils, I could hear shouts from the stadium.

        The game must be well underway now.

        Checking my watch it showed that it was already past the halfway mark. Just then a huge roar of the crowd reached me; someone must have scored a touchdown. Soon after that the librarian on duty cheered, even fist pumped. I shrugged as it must have been someone on our team.

        After that I was too engrossed in my schoolwork to notice anything else, hence my shock when Riles contacted me.

        [Hey babe, I am on my way there.]

        I gathered my stuff together after marking the books for reference where I was and speed walked out of the library. As fate would have it, I walked out of the building when most of our teams' players walked to the parking lot. Only Keelan was nowhere to be found.

        Instead, I found Chad, the guy from before "So you're Archon right?"

        I let out an irritated huff at his unoriginal openings line. "What of it?" I shifted my bag on my shoulder before speeding up as I saw Riles' car in the distance.

        The guy was out of breath as kept walking next to me "I was wondering if you were coming to the party later?"

        God did the guy looked hopeful.

        "Nope can't make it. Besides I am already spoken for." That seemed to do absolutely nothing to him as he just shrugged his shoulders before walking away. I literally jumped into Riles' arms, not caring that Keelan (who popped up suddenly) looked uncomfortable, wanting to be anywhere but around us.

        "Hey Keel, you coming to the party or what?" Another of the jocks shouted while Keelan was looking around the mass of people leaving the stadium.