19. Archon

(A pic of Riles thinking everything over ----->)

        I could tell that Riles was close to telling me something important when his father crashed into the room. Making Riles slip on the stony mask he had been wearing ever since I met him.

        [Damn him! What the hell does he want now?]

        I growled at David, for I knew he had to do something with the fear Riles had earlier when I asked about who told him he wasn't good enough. David spotted me and snarled; making my wolf bristle at the challenge.

       [Let's make him understand that Riles is good enough to be mated to us!]

       Unconsciously I placed myself protectively between Riles and his father, giving Riles my back. Giving him all the space to climb on top of me and grind against my ass. David must have looked as shocked as I felt when I felt Riles on top of me biting my mate mark grinding, making me shudder and moan.

        I am sure that if my pants weren't in the way he would have mounted me right then and there. Not that I would have minded. Embarrassingly enough I just heard the door open and someone come in dragging David out of the room before I passed out.

        Groaning I blink my eyes open, not really sure how I got to where we were. What did shock me was the fact I was in the bedroom we shared in Riles' house?

        "Riles?" I called out quietly, not sure what to expect as I pushed away from the covers. Padding lightly over to the dresser looking for some clothes to wear, I wasn't going downstairs naked.

        Padding softly to the landing, I heard the quiet hum of conversation. "I really do expect you to try and be more open with him in the future Riley. I don't want a repeat of this in the near future." That was the voice of the King.

        What is he doing here?

       "Yes, your Highness. I will try my best."

        I heard the King sigh at that. "That's all one can ask Riley. Believe in what the two of you share okay? He's not here to hurt you. You can't let this stand between the two of you forever."

       The King's walked over to the front door, smiled as he looked right at me. This was impossible since I was hiding behind the wall. "Do check up on your mate Riley. I think he's awake now." With the King left and the door closed with a firm click.

       Deciding it was best to get whatever it was out of the way I padded down the stairs. "Riles?" I heard some things clang in the kitchen in an answer. Moving over there I saw Riles stand there in just a pair of sweats, cleaning something as if nothing bad had happened between us.

        "What are you doing Riley?" He turned around to face me. My sharp tone must have gotten his attention. He looked a lot healthier now, his complexion returned and his eyes looked clearer and more focused.

       "Cleaning up the mess left behind." Like that explained everything. I had a feeling he wasn't going to talk about what happened in the hospital at all if he had his way.

        "We need to talk about this Riles." I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose.

        "Talk about what Archie? There's nothing to talk about. I got sick and was sent to the hospital. That's it." I felt my hackles rise at the threatening tone.

        "We DO need to talk about this Riley Manning Woods. Whether you want to or not!" I was not going to let this go. Whatever it is, it's a major issue to Riles and I think talking about it will help him solve it.