14. Riley

In this chapter, there will be a shift of pov. It will start with Riley's pov before turning to Keelan's pov

****

        [I know, I am getting him outta here.]

        I am so proud of Archie. That he's willing to put his differences aside to get Keelan to safety. I know a lot of Pack members love to torture humans for sport. And sadly Dillan is one of those assholes. Rolling my eyes I grit my teeth at the slow pace of the Cat Clan about the whole situation.

        [I got him outta there and we're heading home at the moment. I know you don't want him around but I think it's the safest place at the moment for him.]

        My tense posture relaxed a little, I am glad they got out of there.

        [Are you guys okay though? No scratches or wounds I need to know of? So I don't need to kill Dillan.]

        Just then Dillan's animal form flickered in the corner of my eye. He looked to happy but satisfied none the less.

       [Keelan has only a few bloody scratches and is a little unstable on his feet but for the rest he's okay.]

        When Terry finally got back to me that they were in fact on my territory, I turned to face Dillan.

        "If you ever get into my territory uninvited again I will kill you. I don't care how strong you are but you don't go into my territory uninvited." I turned on my heel and darted off back home.

        ****

        Keelan's pov

        I don't know why mom wanted me to go and visit those people in the Pack lands. Of course, I know all about the Pack lands, who doesn't in this modern society? I just never thought I would get to visit it and then, in particular, the Cat Clan.

        Because as far as I know nobody in my family are shifters, so why am I visiting those who harmed my family long, long ago. My parents told me when I was younger that once my family was an important part of the Cat Clan. Then something happened and the founder of my family branch moved away and never shifted or contacted the Pack ever again.

        My ancestor was the first shifter to split up with the Pack for good. There were several shifters over the years who moved out of Pack lands but they always returned to the Pack at some point in time.

        Gritting my teeth as another bump in the road bounced me around in the car, I glare out the window at the people walking about. Once the car turned off I stared at the Cat Clan lair. It is a huge Victorian building with pillars and beautiful sash windows and high ceilings.

        "This way please."

        The soft female voice snapped me out of my gaping. Turning I was met with a Goddess in a beautiful pale green high waist dress. She looked a little smug as I stared at her, my mouth opening and closing. I snapped into action as she walked down a separate hallway. All of a sudden I was feeling quite nervous.

        Wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans as I waited in front of a door to meet the Cat Clan Alphas. Shivering I tried to glance around undetected to who or what is staring so intently at me, after a few quick looks I see nothing out of the ordinary. Shrugging it off to my imagination, I let out a breath of relief when I heard a voice calling me in.

       Groaning I roll my tense neck muscles after several hours of listening to the Cat Clan Alphas and what they wanted with me. The Cat Clan has been looking for our family for years, under the mum of bringing the Clan back together as a whole.