5. Archon

I woke up to a room I didn't recognise; it was a plain room filled with a wardrobe, nightstand and a queen sized bed which I am currently occupying. I was confused for a few minutes before yesterday's events came back to me. Me changing into my animal, running away from the King, dad and the Alpha's, having Riley chase me, and finally changing back to a human in Riley's house. I blushed at the fact that Riley changed back so easily to human and seeing him naked.

        Wonder if mine would ever go so smooth.

        It will in time.

        Who are you?

        The voice in my head chuckled.

        We met yesterday.

        Are you my animal?

        Indeed and I am very glad we finally got to meet. We were one when you were younger. But something happened and we got separated.

        Why am I naked? I remembered going to bed in sweats.

        It's like Riley said, you changed back and forth last night.

        I bit my lip, looking around the room for more clothes.

        You might want to check the drawer inside the wardrobe.

        Stiffly I got out of bed, a lot of muscles were aching I didn't even know I had.

        The wardrobe opened easily; I pulled out a pair of sealed boxers, another pair of sweats and a sweatshirt. I followed my nose to the kitchen; Riley was standing there in nothing but sweats. "Morning, take a seat." He didn't turn his gaze from the stove, he was making pancakes and the batter was going everywhere.

        Blushing I took a seat on one of the two chairs available in the room. A few minutes after I sat down he put a plate in front of me with a high pile of pancakes. Ones with bacon, other ones with sausages and lots of others with just syrup. My stomach growled at the sight, Riley chuckled "Dig in. I know you're starving."

        Wasting no more time I dug in and moaned in delight; this was the best meal I ever had. I was nearly finished when I noticed that Riley hadn't eaten anything.

        Oh crap, did I eat everything in his house?

        "It's okay Archie, I already had my breakfast." I got a warm tingly feeling in my gut when he called me Archie; it spread out through my whole body making me shiver. By Riley's reaction, he must have noticed because his eyes widened to the size of saucers, before quickly shoving his chair back with a clang startling me.

        "This cannot be happening." I had finished my breakfast and was about to carry the dishes to the sink when Riley stopped me "Don't come near me!"

        I paused at the resentment in his voice, nearly dropping the plate and the knife and fork. "Leave it on the table, and go. Go home now!" His voice changed slightly and became a little deeper. Like his animal was trying to surface. Placing it back on the table I nearly tripped over my own feet in my haste to leave. For some reason Riley's angry demand to leave stung painfully in my chest; what had I done to displease him?

        I had done nothing wrong as far as I knew. A low whimper escaped my throat as I looked back once and saw Riley stand there on his porch glaring at me. Much to my astonishment, I felt tears trek down my face, blurring my vision.

        I wanted to go back to the cave and hide, but that was impossible; it was in Riley's territory and I wasn't welcome. Where do I go? I didn't want to go home and have my father see me like this.