27. Archon

(How Keelan is bound to the chair, minus the blindfold ---->)

        I am startled to see the shocking striking resemblance between the King and Vincent. It’s no wonder they are brothers.They look so alike Vincent grinned my way as he looked from Riles to me. “So this is your mate huh Riley?” For some reason Vincent’s voice gave me cold shivers instead of the soothing calm I feel when the King spoke. Whereas the King feels soothing and peaceful, Vincent feels vile and evil.

        [What do we do Riles?] I bite my lips as I try to come up with some kind of plan to get Keelan freed and not die in the process. [I don’t know yet, I told others that we found Keelan and they are on their way here. We just need to stall Vincent long enough for them to get here, and pray to God nothing goes wrong.]

        “You do know I heard your whole talk with Dillan right?” Vincent sounded uninterested, as if what we were doing didn’t matter. He grinned evilly “he’s one of mine.” [So he is going to double cross us!] By the look on Vincent’s face I know he saw my anger. [Or he’s going to double cross Vincent. I don’t think he will let any of us die.] “So what happens now Vincent? Are you going to kill us all? Is that your master plan?” The both of us shifted a little to the side, getting a better look at the unconscious and bound Keelan. [Damn! They really did a number on him.] Keelan was curled up onto his right side, his hands were bound behind his back with cuffs connected by a chain to the chair. The same was done to his ankles. His clothes looked worse for wear; his jeans were smeared with blood and what looked like dried mud, his t-shirt was covered in blood and cuts, and what I could see from his face was black and blue. [I don’t think he would be going anywhere anytime soon as long as he is chained to the chair. We need to get those chains off.]

        Then a sound of a scrimmaging reached our ears, dull thuds of flesh hitting flesh, before a gunshot rang out. [What the hell?] For the first time since we arrived I saw a spark of fear flash through his eyes. Good. He should be scared. Don’t get too cocky now my wolf chided quietly, we still need to free Keelan first. I jolted as Vincent merely raised an eyebrow as the double doors on the left side of the room opened; Dillan and a heavy panting Fredrick burst into the room. “Well, well, the newly appointed Head Hunter of the Pack and the feared Pack executioner.” Dillan snarled, “Don’t do this Vince. There is no need for this. If you talk to him I am sure he would see reason.” Vincent got up out of his seat with a crazed look in his eye “See reason?! See reason? There is no way he would see reason! He would kill me first!” I shifted quietly further to the raised seat now Vincent is occupied by Dillan.

        [Archie! What the hell are you doing? Get back here!] I ignore Riles and crept closer [I am using this opportunity to free Keelan from his bounds. Make sure they keep him talking.] “I don’t think so Archie.” I looked up to see Vincent cocking and pointing a loaded gun in my direction. Before I could blink he fired the gun, not even looking at me. “FUCK!” I hissed through clenched teeth as a bullet pierced through my thigh, I feel a little dizzy as warm blood starts seeping out of the wound. “ARCHIE!!” I hear Riles roar as he rushes to my side as my knees give out. He looks frantic at me, his eyes searching mine wildly. I whimper as he puts steady pressure on my wounded leg. “You’re going to be okay Archie. You are going to be fine.”

        “No he’s not going to be fine Riley. I shot him with a silver bullet dipped in wolfs bane, it will hurt like  a mother.” Vincent says while smiling arrogantly. [Well there is one small good side to this.] I look in disbelief at Riles [How is there a plus side to being shot?!] “Keep steady pressure on the wound” Riles says as he gently removes his hands and start tugging on his belt. Doing as told [There is an exit wound, meaning most of the poisoned blood will bleed out before it can do any real damage.] He quietly told me as he gently tugged the belt under my thigh before pulling it tight.