26. Riley

(Pic of abandoned warehouse--------->)

        I felt like a fool not realizing that it might be a smokescreen.

         Damn it, Riley! You must be going soft now you have found your mate!

        "Riley!" Whipping my head around I see Fredrick walk towards me looking absolutely horrified.

        Great, what does he want now?

        I know that as Head Hunter, the King has given him the task of tracking down Keelan and Vincent a.s.a.p. Not only that but dad has also been on his case about this, something about doing what's right.

        "What is it, Fredrick?" Up close I can see the dark rings under his eyes and his usual sun-kissed skin is quite pale.

        "I think I have found a lead on where Keelan might be stashed away." I raise a brow in question to his quite bold statement. "I believe that Vincent might have stashed him away in one of the huge warehouses on the docks in the industry section of the human city. At least that was until we lost Keelan's tracking signal."

        I am not surprised he had a tracking device on Keelan, it does raise the question of why hadn't they find him or his family earlier. He must have read the question on my face as he held up his hands in surrender.

        "I overheard dad talking about it with one of the previous council members and some Clan elders. And before you shoot off at me for not telling sooner, I wanted to be sure the information was correct."

        I fold my arms and let out a sigh "You do know this also might be a trap right?"

        He looked as uncomfortable as I felt "Yes I do, but this is our only lead so far. And if we are going to act, we need to act now!"

        Unfortunately, he was right; the warehouses on the docks are usually crawling with drug dealers and other types of lowlifes. And since recently crawling with cops since the huge drug heist a few days ago.

        "How are you going to pull that off with just so few of us? I mean those warehouses are huge and not to mention at least ten floors high! He could really be anywhere in one of those. Not to mention they would be guarded."

        For the first time in my life, I see my always calm and composed little brother worryingly bite his lip.

        He rubbed a hand through his hair in an irritated gesture "I don't know okay?! I don't know, but I do know we can't just sit here and do nothing when we might actually find him."

        I want to find Keelan as much as he does, if not more, but this, this is just insanity. "Look, I know you want to find him and bring him back in one piece. The only bad thing about this plan of yours is doomed to fail."

        Snapping my head to the side I saw Dillan calmly leaning against a tree. "And you would know that how? And why are you here? Weren't you off somewhere doing Vincent's bidding?"

        Fredrick looked panicked and pale, as Dillan snickered softly before sauntering over to us. "I know Riley for a fact that without an experienced person with these types of situations, you won't get far."

        Fredrick let out a small sound of distress as Dillan walked up right beside him. I have got to give him credits for only flinching and not stepping back. I glare at Dillan, folding my arms, not really clear on his intentions.

        "What are you suggesting Dillan?" I snort "You want to help us?" I ask mockingly.

        My eyes widen as he shrugs "So what if I want to help you? Keelan's survival is important to the Pack." I shake my head at the unbelievable fact that Dillan wants to help out. Of his own free will to boot, something has to be up. There is no way he will help us out of the goodness of his heart.