7. Archon

I shouldn't have been so surprised to learn that we lived on the border of the Cat Clan's territory. Mom was a descendant of one of the Cat Clan and so is my older sister. Who has a Cat Clan mate and little cubs.

        Maeve's mate didn't really like me at all, he never said it in much words but the looks he gave me whenever I was around told me enough. I wasn't really welcome, around him anyways. If he could have his way he would have killed me. Of that, I am absolutely sure.

        Fidgeting I was waiting for Riley to show up so we could go meet those Alpha's and be done with it. Riley did warn me that they might force me to shift, all because they could. He promised me nothing bad would happen to me. I believed him, he was just as jittery as I was about this meeting. When dad learned of me meeting the Cat Clan Alpha's, he roared that we should also meet the Wolf Clan Alpha.

        Sighing as I checked the clock for the tenth time in a minute "It's going to be okay Archie. You'll be fine."

        I glared at Maeve "Easy for you to say, you're not the one with the odd animal. The one the Cat Clan feels should never exist in the first place."

        Maeve made a distressed sound, I didn't really care. "We all know how they feel about my existence."

        My body hummed as Riley's rainforest scent entered my nose. I smiled as he entered the room and his eyes went to mine immediately. "Hi, Archie. Ready?"

        Nodding I stepped into his welcoming embrace. Riley acknowledged the others in the room with a nod before ushering me out of the door. He gives my hand a reassuring squeeze "We will be okay. I will make sure nothing bad will happen to you, I promise you this Archie." I nod as we make our way to the Pack House of the Cat Clan.

        The closer we got, the more tense Riley became.

        [Are you okay Riley? You look very tense.]

        He strains to smile reassuring at me.

        [It's nothing really. Just being reminded of bad memories.]

        The way he said it told me he wouldn't appreciate it if I pry. So I didn't, I would wait until he felt ready to tell me. We were told to wait in the foyer of the quite big townhouse the Cat Clan uses for their own little pack meetings. The younger kids openly stared at my while their parents glared or sniffed at me.

        Riley helped me through it all; he glared back at the parents, he even hissed at an elder couple who accidentally on purpose hit my shins with their walking canes. I just sighed, I already knew this was going to be a horrible experience.

        I was proven right the moment I stepped into the room. The hate and Alpha stare was so heavy and thick you could cut it with a knife. I swallowed thickly, I felt a bead of sweat roll down the nape of my neck down my spine; making me shiver.

        [It will be okay Archie. I promise.]

        Riley squeezed my hand as he gently tugged me towards the raised platform where the Cat Clan Alpha couple resided. "Alpha Jordan, Alpha Jackie." Riley bowed his head slightly, not knowing what to do I followed his example and bowed my head.

        "Alpha."

        The Alpha's were okay, the stream of hate came from the elders in the council seated behind the Alpha couple.

        "Well Archon, it came to our attention that you are a mix of wolf and leopard. Which one are you? You have a sister who is a leopard were and wolf were right?"