2. Riley

A quick note if you see [Italic] means they speak to each other through the Pack Link

        I don't know why the Alpha King insisted that I go with Dean to pick up Sterling's cub. I wasn't told his exact age, but what I was told was that he wasn't much older than me. A few years give or take. That still made him a cub in my eyes. It would make him in his early twenties.

        Hmm, I hope he's hot. Haven't gotten laid in a while.

        As if reading my mind Dean came in "Get your mind out of the gutter man, we need to go." Rolling my eyes at his usual statement, I tug on my soft leather boots and follow him to the car. The trip was quite a long one; two hours. I hoped to be home before dark so I could run before dinner. "So are you looking forward to meeting the new cub?" Dean asked. As an older male, he was excited to have new young blood he might get to teach.

        I snorted at his excitement; it wasn't in my nature to nurture new cubs to their full potential. My nature is to hunt and eliminate threats, not babysitting some temper tantrum throwing kid. That's why I became one of the select few personal guards of the Alpha King.

        However, I was absolutely gobsmacked when I laid eyes on the little beauty we were supposed to pick up. He was absolutely stunning; short chestnut brown hair, serious chocolate brown eyes, a frame of five foot nine covered in sun-kissed skin. He was absolutely mouth-watering. I was happily checking him out in secret until my eyes landed on his wrapped up ankle. I growled softly in my throat at it.

        How dare someone hurt him?

        I was unable to control myself when he came up and opened the door after he hugged his aunt goodbye. Dean; the sneaky little bastard was supposedly oh-so-busy loading his luggage in the trunk.

        It's only one duffle bag for God's sake!

        Unable to stand watched him wrestle to get himself into the car; I scooped him up and gently placed him in the backseat. Buckling him in while I was at it. He snarled at me in anger; at least the tried to. It was the cutest, most adorable thing I ever have seen. His cute button nose scrunched up, lip curled up showing his sharp even white movie star teeth.

        I had to restrain myself from not dipping my head forward and taste him; those delectable looking pink coloured lips made for kissing endlessly. He was stubborn and silent the whole ride. I checked the review mirror frequently; found out that he fell asleep halfway through. He looked peaceful; long dark curly lashes, serene expression on his otherwise scowling face. Too bad Dean caught me looking at him through the rearview mirror "He is a sight to behold when he's like this huh?" he asked with mischief gleaming in his eyes.

        I rolled my eyes at the statement, turned to look outside the window instead. Once we arrived at the Pack House, I was once again carrying him. I love the feeling of having him in my arms, no matter how much he protested. I only put him down when Sterling himself said so; I had to obey my superiors. Not that I actually thought of Sterling as my superior; he is just riding along the wave of fame that came with being a close friend of the Alpha King.

        Grumbling I went to help Dean but he had it already covered. He was moving along the path holding the only bag the cub had brought. "I am glad to see you son." That was a bit of a shock; everybody thought he only had daughters. Now he magically turns up a son, a beauty at that. Sighing and shaking my head at my own thoughts I got in the car and returned it to the Pack garage. Parking the car in its designated spot, I noticed my shift was over and headed home.

        I shifted into my Black Panther form; doing a territory sweep around my house. I am quite paranoid about my privacy; some suitors thought of leaving unwanted presents behind in their quest of courting me. The last person to do so had the pleasure of meeting my steel claws. I was in my human from back then. Along the way, I met a few people who actually knew who I was. Within the Pack I am virtually unknown; besides being one of the few pure black weres in the Pack. Sadly this made me a desirable man in the eyes of unmarried females and males.