30. Archon

(Gif of a sad Keelan---->)

       I found it very surprising how calm Keelan became now he had shifted the first time during the confrontation with Vincent. When his mother heard about him shifting she demanded to see what he looked like, only to freak out when he finally did. I mean, no one could really blame her for freaking out when her son turned into a seven and a half feet tall tan lioness. Yes, indeed, Keelan shifted into a lioness. No one could really explain why or how when questioned.

        My new job as manager was refreshing; I am in weekly contact with the human council. In the beginning it was quite difficult to establish anything, we spend a lot of times arguing and shouting. They made a lot of fuss when Riles and I wanted to visit the wounded officers, just to see if they were alright. The female officer was still in the hospital; her wounds were more severe than the male officer ones. He was the one who came to greet us at the hospital and led us to her room. Once there we felt a little uncomfortable with all her family and friends there who were glaring at us. What surprised me the most was the fact that Keelan was there, Alice (her name) laughingly told us that Keelan has been visiting her every day and apologise for hurting her. She already told him repeatedly that she forgave him, it wasn’t really his fault, he wasn’t himself at all.

        I was surprised to see (who I assume is) her husband (as he wears the same ring as her) holding a little boy in his arms, giggling as he whispered some nonsense in his ear. The little boy blush as he saw me and Riles, hiding his face in his father’s neck. “Go on now Carlos, ask the nice man what you asked me.” He nudged him towards us. He looked shyly away from her before whispering softly “Change?” Riles chuckled lightly [I’ll shift] I nodded rolling my eyes [Show off, you know what the doctor said right?] Riles just rolled his eyes. [Yes dear]. [Good. And it's a good thing we brought the extra clothes huh?] Riles shook his head, which the boy thought meant none of us, were going to shift and looked disappointed. His head snapped up as Riles spoke softly to him “It’s okay I will shift so you can see but I need a little space.” The boys eyes widened in wonder “Really?” Riles nodded his head “Really, just cover your ears first okay? The sound is not very nice.” The boy quickly slapped his little chubby hands over his ears. Riles looked around the room “Right the sound might be a little nauseating.” He said as he stripped of his shirt and dropped his pants before kicking of his shoes and socks.

        “You sure you’re not giving a striptease?” What I presume was her cousin asked, and by the angry look by the rest he wasn’t very liked in the family. Riles rolled his eyes “Whatever” and proceeded to shift. Within a matter of seconds a sleek black panther stood in Riles place, he yawned a little before stretching and shaking his fur. Most of the occupants looked a little green, the sounds of bones breaking and reforming is never pleasant. “Kitty!” Carlos cheered reacting out his hands towards Riles. Nimbly Riles jumped up the hospital bed, putting himself within hand reach of Carlos who let out a sound of delight. Carlos’ father looked a little fearful in the beginning but seeing as Riles didn’t move, growl or bite Carlos no matter what he did, he relaxed a little. 

        “So that’s how easy it goes huh?” Keelan asked from beside me, since shifting he had a habit of walking as silently as a cat. “Yeah, with a lot of practice. Mine isn’t that swift or easy.”

        “What do you mean? Haven’t you shifted a lot?” Keelan looked confused. “No I haven’t, I shifted for the first time when I met the King. And since I met Riles, I have been shifting at least once or twice a week. To get the hang of it, it is true what they say though, every time you do shift it will become easier.”

        “Just like we say practice makes perfect?” Alice asked, still marvelling at how soft Riles’ fur is. “Yeah something like that.”  I had to fight to keep the angry growl locked in my throat as she continued to caress my Riles. Keelan chuckled, [Very jealous are we?]. I glared at him as I crossed my arms [How would you feel if someone other than yourself petting your mate?] He looked a little dumb fumbled at the mention of mates.