29. {interlude} Keelan

(Pic of Keelan's shifted form----->)

        It was a good thing mom never let that weird man in, I didn't trust him. He gave off a bad, insane vibe. I saw his eyes; they were eyes of someone who was way past sanity. They exclude intelligence but also a hazardous, calculating gleam. Who was that mommy?" My younger sister Shelley asked as she peeked around the living room door frame, where we both were lounging. Mom sighed as she closed the door, before turning to Shelley. "He was looking for someone who used to live here." Shelley's bottom lip trembled "I don't like him, he's a bad man."

        For once in my life I agreed with Shelley, whoever he was, he was evil. I don't trust him. I glare at him as I watch him as he walked down back to the main road. "Come on Shelley; let's continue to watch the little mermaid." Shelley grinned my way before skipping back to my side on the couch. I roll my eyes at her whiplash attitude I press the play button, settling in the couch ready for the long haul.

        ~~~~

        I grit my teeth in annoyance as I notice the same feline that attacked me when I was here previously, following me around the Cat Clan Pack house. What the hell does it want with me? "Keelan! Hey, wait up!" Snarling under my breath I stop and turn back to face whoever thought it was smart calling out to me. Jasmine "What? What do you want?" Useless female. Ever since we arrived she has been stuck to my side like glue, much to my and my mom's annoyance. We both didn't really like her, and we made it clear too, several times in fact. She is round with her mates' child and still she follows me around like a lost puppy.

        "I don't think you should be running around like that in your condition Jasmine." She beams at my concern for her. "Don't worry Keelan," she rubs her stomach lightly "we're going to be just fine." I noticed out of the corner of my eye the feline glare at Jasmine. So you don't like her either huh? "But what did you want to tell me? Why did you call out to me?" Her beaming smile dimmed a little "There is someone important who wants to meet you." My first thought was that the King finally wanted to meet me, but she looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if it was the King. "He has more important things to do than meet you." Her tone was flat. I narrowed my eyes "Oh yea? Then why did he meet mom and Shelley if he has more important things to do?"

        Her silence was all the answer I needed, confirming my suspicions of the fact that something was going on. There is something fishy going on within the noble Cat Clan. Who isn't as noble as they portray to be. "If it's not the King, then I don't want to meet whoever it is." I dismissed her, turning on my heel and carry on my way home. In hindsight, I should have known that she wouldn't take no for an answer, if I just agreed, then what happened next wouldn't have happened.

        They came that night, just after dinner. We were all in the living room, watching some random show, waiting on the news to start, when the doorbell rang insistently. Frowning mom went to the door; we weren't expecting any visitors, especially at this time of the day, so close to the evening news. Usually visitors came by earlier or after the evening news. My mom always watched the evening news no matter what, the president could have been at the door and she wouldn't open it, she was that dedicated to the evening news. "Yes? Can I help you?" Mom was suspicious of whoever was at the door; I have heard her use that tone of voice long enough to recognise it; the slightly doubtful, but cheerful. I tensed as I heard several unknown to me male voices.

        I shoot up from the couch as I heard mom hiss in pain as the men roughly shoulder their way into the house. "Go Shelley, quick! Go hide somewhere!" She looked at me frightened before she scurried off the couch to the kitchen. Not a moment too soon, just as she rounded the corner the men came into the living room. "Keelan, you need to come with us." They manhandled mom between them as she resisted them. I snarled "Let my mom go you asshole!" Things happened quite fast after that, a flurry of limbs and shouts until the sound of a gun going off and I feel woozy. Looking down I see a bright coloured dart in my side, confused I look around for the shooter, coming to rest on one of the Cat Clan Pack doctors "You ass" I manage to slur as my sight grew dim and my knees wobbled.