23. Archon

(Keelan looking worried------>)

        When Keelan finally decides to speak, I can't believe my ears.

        He has to be joking!

        I stare jaw dropped as Keelan steadily looks at the floor, he never once looked up during his little speech.

        [I don't think he's joking Archie. This is too serious to joke about.]

        Riles tries to calm me down, even though he looks like he doesn't believe it either. "Are you absolutely sure about this Keelan?"

        He looks up at me with a nasty glare. "You don't believe me!" He accuses us, looking from me to Riles and back again.

        "You have to admit that this is quite crazy, even for the Cat Clan's most radical members," Riley says quietly. "But that doesn't mean we don't believe you, this is a lot to take in."

        Keelan sighs "I know, but it's really true. All of it. I swear." I had no clue what to say, it's not every day a bomb of that magnitude gets dropped in your lap.

        I looked at Riles, in hope that he might know something good or smart to say. Something, anything to make Keelan stop wringing his hand and bounce his leg in a nervous gesture.

        "Well... first of all, we need to make sure the information is accurate." Riles said holding up his hands in surrender "And no Keelan, I am not saying that you are lying. It's just if you want to prove anything you need to know who said what and when. Have physical evidence, notes, anything. Anything that will support your claim that the Cat Clan Council is conspiring to overthrow the King."

        "Get statements from other Clans about their behaviour. Once that is done, we need to inform the police and pray the Council doesn't have a mole there. After that, we need to fill out several forms to set the police in motion to investigate."

        Riles was rattling on as Keelan rand a hand through his dishevelled hair, not looking very pleased. "Are you saying we can't just go to the police and tell them what I told you?" Keelan looked ready to boil over with anger.

        Riles snorted "And then what huh, smart ass? If you can't prove your claim they will laugh in your face saying you're nuts!"

        I got out of the room since the kettle stopped whistling a while ago, I could use something to drink. "Anybody up for tea?" Both looked at me like I had grown a second head, I shrugged at least they shut up for a while.

        [I'll have some green herbal tea love.]

        I dropped the green herbal tea bag in Riles cup as I dropped Lyons tea bag in mine. "Do you want anything Keelan?" popped my head around the door frame, looking at him in question. Most weres have distinctive beverage preference, by the beverage you could tell what kind of animal they were. Like me and Riles; we both like the light or dark earthy tastes since our animals come from the rainforest.

        "I'll have some soda please." He grumbled picking at something invisible on his pant leg. Very natural choice. Very human. I returned with a tray with drinks and snacks, curling up beside Riles on the couch yet again.

        "What are you going to do now you know all this?" I inquired, "Do you even know who this V person is?"

        Keelan shook his head "I don't know. I bet he or she is a powerful person. To be able to sway so many people with just a few words." He took a sip of his soda, before putting it back on the table with a scrunched up face.