15. Archon

(The pic might have nothing to do with the story but I like it! --->)

        I woke up alone in bed, something that hasn't happened since I moved in with Riles. Frowning I pet around on his side of the bed feeling it cooling down rapidly.

        I wasn't worried, I could hear things clanging in the kitchen and was pretty sure Riles was in there making breakfast. Sighing contently I stretch my arms over my head feeling my spine pop before dropping back down on the mattress. Even though the weather outside was beautiful with the sun shining and birds singing, I felt like staying in today. I couldn't muster up any kind of energy to go anywhere.

        "Aww. Thanks love!" I beam as Riles walks in the room with a steaming breakfast tray, I salivate at all the yumminess on it.

        Smiling happily, Riles places the tray on my waiting lap before joining me in bed. After having plates devoid of food, and still feeling like doing anything I drape myself across Riles. "I don't feel like doing anything today."

        Riles just kept petting my head, his chest rumbling. "What's so funny?" I demand as I glare up at him. Being with Riles for this long I am quite adept in distinguishing his different sorts of rumbling.

        "Nothing love." He says soothingly "It's just that most weres or shifters feel the need to nestle around this time of year. It makes even cuter than you already are." He smiles before nuzzling my hair.

        Pouting I watch as Riles gets up out of the bed and starts getting dressed. "See something you like Archie?" I glare playfully as Riles makes a show of putting his sweater on. I drool as I watch those delicious muscle flex and bunch.

        "As your mate, it's my right to ogle you." I huff crossing my arms. Walking back over and grabbing the tray, Riles smiles softly at me. I smile quickly when he pecked me lightly on the lips.

        "I will bring these down and put them in the dishwasher before going to collect some more firewood." Reminding me that since we're surrounded by high mountains on either side of the Pack lands that the cold would begin earlier. I shuddered voluntarily at the thought of the cold that surrounded our valley.

        "Don't worry love," Riles said from the landing "I will make sure to have the fire roaring before you come down!" I only move when I heard the door slam closed. With much reluctance, I leave the warm nest that was the bed and quickly make my way over to the bathroom.

        I sigh happily when I step inside wiggling my toes; Riles has heated flooring in the bathroom.

        I really need to ask him to have it put it throughout the house.

        Shedding my clothes quickly I hop under the scalding hot cascading water. Lathering up the loofah with my favourite scented axe shower gel, I quickly wash myself and rinse.

       Stepping out of the steamy cabin I dry myself with a towel before wrapping it around my waist as I walk back to the bedroom. Digging through the dresser for a pair of boxers and socks I turn to the wardrobe for a pair of comfortable pants and a snuggly warm sweater.

        True to his word, Riles has a warm fire going in the fireplace as I come to a stop on the bottom stair. Only Riles was nowhere in sight. Again, I am not too worried though, I knew that he would be home soon.

        He never went too far in the woods because he might trespass into someone else territory. I shake my head as memories plague my mind as I remember what happened when I was one day exploring Riles territory. I don't know whose was adjoined to Riles but he got very pissed off when I unintentionally crossed the border between their territories.