13. Archon

(a scared Keelan---->)

        Of course, it had to be the one subject I have been successfully avoiding until now.

        I sigh as Riley mentioned school. He was right though, I have ignored him or brought up another subject to talk about every time he mentioned it.

        [We have to talk about this sooner or later babe.]

        I could feel his compassion for me. Just like me, Riles wasn't too sure how to work me going to school in our blissful just mated routine. Especially knowing that I will be surrounded by a lot of people and a lot of different scents had me jumpy with nerves.

        I still shudder at Riles' reaction when I came home from hanging out with my friends the other day. When he smelled all those different and unknown scents, he lost it. His Inner Panther took over and he sprinted out of the house and wasn't back until late in the afternoon the next day.

        When he returned he said he was at the Pack gym working off the rage he and his Inner Panther felt. Said it was better that way, his Inner Panther wanted to track them down and rip them limb from limb just because they touched me. It got even worse when I told him that I was planning on meeting them again soon. Yellow rolled across his eyes just as the words left my mouth. This is not good.

        "Riles? Riles, please! You can come too! In fact, I told them about you and they want to meet you."

        The yellow vanished, turning back to their usual green colour.

        "Really? They want to meet me?" For the first time ever I heard the doubt in his voice.

        [Why wouldn't they? You are my mate, my perfect another half.]

        He sighed and looked away sadly.

        [I am not as perfect as you think I am]

        Nervously fidgeting with my hands, I try to wait patiently for my friends to arrive at the awesome café where we would meet. Riles was in the bathroom, doing God knows what.

        "Relax Archie, there's no need to be so tense."

        Riles slid beside me in the booth and draped an arm around my shoulders. Sighing I lean into him, snuggling into his body heat.

        "I know. Still can't really shake the feeling something bad is going to happen."

        I close my eyes as his hands soothingly thread through my hair. "Whatever happens, I will take care of it okay? Don't you worry about a thing."

        Drinking all that water wasn't the best idea I had, I thought as I flushed the toilet and washing my hands at the sink.

        [Babe? Do your friends consist of a loud-mouthed blond idiot, a sassy African American and a tiny brunet? Cause if they do they're here. You better come out quick.]

        I grin drying my hands and pushing open the door.

        [On my way]

        "Archie!" Mia the tiny brunet said, just as I reached them, startling Jonathan the loud-mouthed blond idiot. Who is far from one, if you look at his test scores anyway.

        "Hey, guys,"

        I grin as they either hug me or slap me on my back "glad you could make it."