18. Riley

(Archie begging Riles----->)

        I don't really know what happened or how I ended up in the hospital with Archie glued to my side.

        You finally woke up.

        My Panther growled

        You made me and our mate worried. Don't do that again!

        Those were the first words I heard from my Panther in weeks. Not exactly the kind of words I wanted to hear but it was nice to know he cared.

        Thanks. But why is Archie here? Why am I still in Pack lands? Why?

        My Panther cut me off

        I don't know what exactly happened but the King wouldn't let you go. For some reason, he refused to let you break the bond with the Pack. Therefore Archie's wolf managed to get over here and wake me up.

        Yeah! I kicked your panther's butt!

        I winched lightly as Archie's wolf gloated about kicking my panther's ass in my head. He sobered up quickly when he noticed I winched in pain at his volume.

        But we never got the letter you wrote which is odd.

        I was saved from answering that when I felt Archie squeezing my hand lightly. "Hey, Riles. How are you feeling?"

        Swallowing I managed to croak out "Pretty okay. A bit sore though." I see pity flash in his eyes before he hands me a paper cup filled with soothing water. Being careful to not drink it all in one gulp, I study Archie's expression. "What is wrong Archie? Why do you look like you're about to cry?"

        Archie sniffled as he wiped his nose with his sleeve before answering "I thought I had lost you forever Riles. I—I just—I can't stand that thought, Riles!" He cries out before he started crying, pressing his forehead against my hand. Not knowing what to do about the situation I just sit there and watch him cry.

        Don't just sit there. Do something!

        I wasn't overly surprised by the urgent and distressed tone of my panther.

        Our mate needs us! Don't let him cry like that! Make him stop crying! I can't stand seeing our mate like this!

        He huffs when I don't make a move to comfort Archie. Fine! Be that way!

        Then for the first time in my entire life, I feel my panther forcefully take over control of my body and gently rubs my right hand through his hair and makes shushing noises.

        "Shh, It's okay Archie. Everything will be fine."

        Looking back up to the sound of my voice, I can see Archie is confused.

        "You're not Riles." He states as he sits back up straight. I feel my body slouch a little as Archie says that.

        "Indeed I am not Riley."

        My Panther agreed before pushing on before Archie could react.

        "I am only doing this because Riley himself is still quite confused on where you two stand at the moment. He still thinks quite stupidly that he and you are no longer mates since he felt the mate bond crumble."