28. Riley

(Pic of Riles----->)

        Groaning I open my eyes, not remembering when I closed them. Rolling over I realise I am no longer in my animal form and dressed in Pack sweats. Gasping I  jolted up, I look around to the now nearly empty room. "Thank GOD!" Archie sobs as he falls to his knees and crushed me close to his chest. "Please don't scare me like that again! You promised to never scare me like this again!" I blink in confusion "What happened? Where is that police officer? Where is Vincent? Where is Keelan? Where --" Archie cuts me off by pressing his lips firmly to mine. [I was so scared that I lost you.] He whimpered into the kiss, making me wrap my arms tightly around him. 

        "What is that last thing you remember?" Archie pants a little as he breaks the kiss. I frown as I recall the last events before I draw up a blank. "I remember Keelan in his animal form ready to attack that male officer," I frown a little deeper "but that's all I remember." Archie snuggles further into my chest with a deep sigh, rubbing his face along my collarbone. I look up to see Sterling walk into the room, he looks surprised to see me awake. "Ah! Riley, good you're awake! Did Archie tell you?" I look down at Archie before looking back at him, frowning once again "Did Archie tell me what?" Sterling frowned "What happened when you were out cold." I clear my throat "I was out cold? For how long?"

        "From what Archie told me quite a while. Do you want to tell him or should I?" Archie made a negative sound and Sterling sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Okay so from what I saw and understand is that after you jumped on that mon—Keelan," He mumbled after Archie's low growl "you were smashed against the ground with bones snapping, resulting in a few broken bones and a slight concussion." He taped against the side of his head "After that apparently Keelan spoke through the Pack link to Archie questioning him about the Pack. Not long after that me and the King arrived and Keelan did something odd, he laid down before rolling over showing his stomach, submitting to the King." "Which send Vincent into a fit of rage." Archie said, a cue for Sterling to shut up and let him finish the story.  

        "We don't know why he was so angry with Keelan submitting to the King, but when he tried to attack the King Keelan roared, shaking the entire building on its foundation before lunging at Vincent." I could feel Archie was very upset about the whole thing. So I rubbed soothing circles on his back. "I didn't see much of the fight that went on between Keelan and Vincent, I was more concerned about you. Besides the King and dad were here, so I figured things would be fine. At some point in the fight Keelan got the upper hand and snapped Vincent's neck. Keelan fought Vincent because Dillan wanted to but wasn't in any state to be fighting. Dillan had lost a lot of blood because of the fight with Keelan and the bullets fired from the surrounding officers. He is in treatment right now, Fred is with him. The police backed off when the King made himself known and rushed their wounded to the nearest hospital, from what I have heard is that the female officer and the one you protected will be fine."

        I let out a long sigh of relief slumping back on the ground, glad both will be fine. "So what happened with Keelan? I hardly think that the King would let him run around lose." Archie looked away, feeling uncomfortable. "What? What is it?" He seemed to debate with himself for a while before standing up and extending his hand to me. "The King would like to tell you the rest himself." I didn't say anything as I grasped his hand, letting him pull me up on my feet. I swayed a little when I was upright, I was leaning heavily on Archie by the time we reached the staircase. Grabbing the existing parts of the banister for extra support  we carefully made our way downstairs and out of the building.

        Lifting my hand to shield my eyes from the glare of the setting sun I take in the scenery; some cops milling around, Sterling talking to Archon's sisters who squeal as soon as they see him, and further away from everybody; Keelan and his mother and younger sister plus the King. Archie gives my hip a reassuring squeeze,  a quick kiss before he walks off to his family. As I prepare myself to walk up to the King a deep voice stops me dead in my tracks. "Riley" Turning very slowly I face the man calling out to me; my dad. I narrow my eyes slightly "Father" He looks uncomfortable under my glare as he scratches his cheek lightly, something new for me. He never really reacted that way to me before. "Let's take a walk together." I look back to the King, deciding whether or not to go on this walk together. "Let me walk you to the King." He rushes as he notice the direction I am looking.