17. Archon

This is how I imagine Archie to look with his animal ears! XD!!! Please leave a vote or a comment if you enjoyed this chapter!

I couldn't believe it! Riles tried to leave me!

I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Riles did something drastic like that as I rushed to the Pack hospital. I thank God for the King as he told me what Riles tried to do.

As I skid inside the room I gasp as I see the King standing there with a worried expression. The heavy magenta coloured eyes settle on me as he looks in my direction. "Thank you for coming to visit him, Archon."

I swallow as I slowly edge my way to the prune pale body in the hospital bed. It scares me shitless as I got a closer look at how horrible Riles looked. I let out a distressed whimper at his rugged looked; he had dark circles under his eyes and a stubble covering most of his face.

"Riley told me you guys were having some trouble lately. Would you like to tell me what it was about?" My gaze snapped back to the King.

Riles spoke to the King about our relationship?

The King's heavy stare lightened as he took in my probably panicked expression. "Riley has a difficult time expressing his feeling ever since he was young."

His gaze turned back to Riles "He told me he told you he loved you Archon and you told him not to call you Archon." His gaze turned back to me accusingly "Not really the reaction a mate was looking for when they tell you they love you."

I bristled at the tone, "Are you telling me that this is my fault?!" I snapped pointing at Riles. The King just stared at me, not deterred by my angry outburst.

I turn back to Riles and brush some of the hair from his face "Why didn't you tell me this?" I whispered.

"He most likely thought he did when he called you Archon instead of Archie." The King said, "It might not be the most obvious thing in the world, but it made sense to him."

Sniffling I press my face in the crook of his neck "Come back to me so we can talk this out, Riles."

For the rest of the week, I didn't leave his side as the information the King told me how he was faring. I was shocked senseless as I learned that he slept in the old rickety shed out back. He said he couldn't sleep in the house because it reminded him of me and our times together.

I was scared to see the rock fast Riley crumble to this so fast all because of a misunderstanding and a few harsh words from me. I had assumed it was my entire fault he left that fateful day. Though I am wondering why Riles panther never spoke about the negative spiral he was in when we spoke.

Sighing as I rub his now clean-shaven cheek, I couldn't stand the rugged look on him. It didn't suit him. So I took it upon myself and shaved him, a young nurse offered to do it for me but I rejected the offer. I can't stand the thought of having someone else touch what is still mine.

We are still mated, whether Riles believed it or not. The only few people I let in the room are my family, the King, and Dean. The only people I trusted being around Riles and not mess him up. I only hate the fact that the Cat Clan opposes every decision I made concerning Riley's health. They kept playing the Clan card, but I trumped them with the mate card. That and the fact the King second my decisions helped a lot too.

"Archon... Son, you need to eat something." Dad's burly figure filled the doorway.

"I know dad but I don't want to leave Riles alone right now. He could wake up soon." I say holding Riles' limp hand in mine, rubbing circles on his skin.