22. Riley

(Riles on the couch with Archie----->)      

        My guess is that Keelan just needed someone that would make a big deal out of things. Ever since he came by our house to talk, he has been slowly adapting to Pack Life, much to everybody's relief.

        Although everybody is also tense around him, unlike Archie Keelan never really knew about the Pack and what it does. Sure he heard rumours and things, but that is not what Pack Life is like. Most of the rumours paint the Pack as a big group of people who can and will turn into bloodthirsty creatures whenever they choose.

        Which is quite wrong, the closest thing the Pack is when compared with human civilization is a very close and tight-knit and lipped community. Nobody talks about Pack Life outside the Pack, it's just not done. Only a few chose high ranking humans to know how the Pack works and functions, this is because it's necessary for them because we all live in the same area. You can compare it to having two large rivalling cities in the same county. One is no better than the other, despite what the humans claim.

        I wasn't too surprised when the question came from Alpha Jordan to teach Keelan a little more about Pack ways of life. I kind of expected the request to come sooner or later. Archie pouted when I told him about the request, claiming that it would cut back our little time together even further.

        "Alpha Jordan asked me to teach you a little more about Pack life if you wanted to." Keelan looked up suspiciously from his phone. The both of us were waiting for Archie to show up, he was being held back by a teacher about one of his projects.

        "What do you mean?" The nasty glare he sent me told me he was waiting for a trap to spring.

        "Just like I said, do you want to know more about the way of things within the Cat Clan? It can help you avoid unnecessary arguments and such."

        He was still glaring at me suspiciously, I just shrugged "If you don't want to, that's fine too." I leaned back against the hood of my car, keeping an eye out for Archie at the double doors.

      Keelan was quiet for a moment "if you tell me about it, will it help with all the arguing?" Just as I suspected, his attitude caused a lot of arguing and grumbling.

        "It will not help you immediately, but it will give you a much-needed arsenal if you encounter one of the older and stricter members of the Clan." By the look on his face, he had a few run in's with the older and stricter members of the Clan and lost the verbal battle pretty badly.

        The oddest thing though was that Keelan still had to meet with the Alpha King to be registered as part of the Pack. For some reason or another, the Cat Clan forgot to register him when they went to register his mother and younger sibling.

        "Do you know why you still haven't met the Alpha King so you can be part of the Pack?" Keelan just shrugged uninterested, still fiddling with his phone. It was seriously starting to piss me off. "They said at the office that he was out and would be back until next week." He cursed at his phone; growled low in his throat before putting it away in his pocket.

        That's odd, why would they lie about the King not being able to meet with him? He's been back since Tuesday. They must be up to something again.

        They might want to introduce him once they have found him a mate, to show that they can take better care of things than the Wolf Clan.

        My Panther had a point there, the Cat Clan was all about keeping appearances.

        They might learn a thing or two about how the Wolf Clan handles things instead.