Pink

Myself

Chapter 14

-4:32 pm-

Ring, ring, ring.

Hyungwon cracked his left eye open, he observed the ceiling as his phone kept ringing, wondering if he would ever get to sleep uninterrupted.

Maybe when I die.

He sarcastically thought to himself and reached over to his phone.

"Hello?"

"H.One!! Good thing you answered! They're asking me about tomorrow's radio interview."

Hyungwon groaned, "Honey-"

"I know, I know! H. One doesn't do interviews, it just couldn't hurt to ask you know, I just think Minhyuk is talking a bit of sense. This whole mysterious mumbo jumbo is not good for you and-"

"Jooheon."

The other line went silent, Hyungwon rarely called Jooheon by his full name.

"Please, not now. Maybe in the future, but not now." Hyungwon inwardly cringed at the slightly sad tone that seeped into his voice.

Jooheon must have heard it too because his voice softened, "Okay Wonnie," he rarely called him that. "I'll see you later."

Hyungwon sighed as he stared at his ceiling, willing the sleep to invade his body yet it seemed like it wasn't going to happen so instead he stood from his bed and headed into the bathroom.

After brushing his teeth and rinsing out his mouth he stood there staring at his reflection in the mirror. He grimaced at his scraggly appearance; his hair was a mess, faded and roots outgrown, his eyes were weighed down by grey shadows and his skin look dry and pale.

He sighed and exited his bathroom, changed, grabbed his cellphone and his keys; he might feel like shit, but he'd be damned if he looked like it. 

——-Somewhere in Hongdae——-

"Aaaand we're done! Go ahead and take a look."

The hairstylist spun Hyungwon's chair around to face the mirror; he turned his head to different angles to appreciate the work done.

He smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Dean, it's perfect. How much do I owe you?"

Hyungwon paid and said his goodbyes to his hairstylist; as he was exiting the salon he bumped into two girls that were passing by.

"Sorry," he bowed his head slightly and went on his way, unaware of the two girls staring at him until he was out of their sight.

As he was crossing the street his phone rang, "I'm quite popular today aren't I?"

He looked at his screen and smiled as he answered, "Nunu."

"Hey Hyunnie, what are you doing?" Hyunwoo's smooth voice tickled his ears.

"I'm near the studio actually, I went to get my hair done."