The Odds Against Him

Myself

Chapter 4

"I'm hooome!"  He kicked off his shoes and slipped on his sandals.

"Hoseok!"

"Hyunwoo!" Hoseok happily answered as he entered the kitchen to greet his roommate!

"I'm glad we can finally have dinner together, I sometimes forget we live under the same roof. Here." His roommate handed him two bowls of rice which he proceeded to take to their dinner table.

"Where kkukung?" He looked around as he noticed the missing presence of his brother.

Hyunwoo took a seat across from him, "He's eating in his room, something about a raid?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes, "I swear, I'm going to go crazy one day and throw that damn modem out the window."

"We live on the eighth floor, somebody could get hurt," Hyunwoo said matter a factly as he put rice into his mouth.

"Hyuuung," Hoseok pouted.

"Hahaha, can you pass me the kimchi please?"

Although Hoseok pouted throughout dinner he was truly happy to see Hyunwoo

"How's work been?"

Hyunwoo smiled at him, "It's been ok, the kids miss you though, they always ask when you're gonna drop by."

"Maybe I'll go this Friday, I don't have work until a week from now."

"That would be nice."

Hoseok smiled as he reminisced on his time working with his hyung. Though soft-spoken and friendly, Hyunwoo was very serious when it came to his job.

His parents were famous musicians who traveled the world with their orchestra; their only child, Hyunwoo, had inherited their musical talent but had leaned more towards dance and singing than instruments.  Thus, once out of college they helped fund an academy where their son could practice what he loved most and make a living.

Initially, he had been hired to give singing lessons but later on, he joined the dance classes until he finally got his own class of little terrors as he liked to call them.  He always had fun with the kids and it was a very happy time of his life, but alas, once Changkyun started college he had to look for more modeling gigs and he no longer had time for the academy.

None the less he enjoyed going once in a while to see his old students all grown up now and have fun with the new ones.

"Changkyun told me you went out this past Sunday?" Hyunwoo made casual talk as they teamed up on the dishes.

"Yeah, there was a DJ he wanted to see, but he hasn't gotten around to getting his ID so he made me go."  He carefully dried the dishes Hyunwoo gave him.

"How was it going out after months?" A pot was passed between them.

"Mmm, ok I guess, the music was good; I met a girl...forgot her name though."  He placed the pot on the dish rack, balancing it on top of the plates.  "I met the DJ too....he was....strange." He paused in his attempt to stack the pot.