The DJ

Myself

Chapter 2

- Hyungwon-

As he crossfaded into the last track, he became aware of how hard his heart was pumping in his chest; he smiled to himself for the second time that night.
His fingers deftly moved across the turntable and the song turned into a bass-heavy track, hot and dirty, just how he liked his music.  The vibrations washed over his body lighting a fire in him. Looking over the crowd, he could see the feeling was mutual; bodies got closer, breathing got heavier, and he knew some people were gonna get laid that night.

As the track entered its final breakdown, he felt the need to release some of that fire that had built up in him. He took a step back from the booth and
slipped one side of his headphones off, the music enveloped his senses immediately.  He swayed with the final drop, letting his hips roll and his head loll back; for a second he forgot who he was and just let himself be.

But alas, he was a good and responsible DJ and the music came first; so he stepped back towards his mixer and faded the music into the last acapella beats.  As the track started fading, the MC's voice sounded over the speakers once again, "Everybody make some noise for DJ H. ONE!!"

The crowd broke out into euphoric chants.

"I hope you all enjoyed our special guest tonight!! But the night isn't over yet folks, you know Starship has got you."

As the track came to an end and the lights on the booth dimmed, he took a moment to close his eyes and breathe.

Inhale... Exhale...

His eyes fluttered open and with the lights no longer shining in them he was finally able to look at the scene before him in detail.

True to its name, Starship's installations had a very spacey feeling to them. The walls were tall and dome-shaped towards the top; glowing blue lights flickered throughout the place, throwing a blue cast over everything. All in all, it seemed like a pleasant place; and he had seen his fair share of clubs. 

As he finished his once-over of the place, a waving hand at the foot of the stage caught his eye.  A blonde male was frantically waving at him.

He quickly disconnected his headphones and carefully tucked them back into their pouch, descended the metal steps, and turned
left towards the dance floor.

The same blonde male appeared before him and flashed him a smile, "Wonnie!" The slightly shorter man launched himself towards him, giving him just mere seconds to extend his arms to catch him.

"Minnie." He said warmly and was about to draw the male into a hug when something... or rather someone made his
body come to a halt.

Minhyuk took note of his abrupt stop and turned his head back. ' 'Oh! Wonho. That's right! I'm sorry Wonnie, this is a friend, Wonho.
Wonho, this is H. ONE, or as I call him, Wonnie." He brightly smiled and stepped away from the taller male to allow his other friend to
step closer.

Wonho stepped a bit closer and stretched his hand out in greeting," You were great out there."

The taller male bowed in silent thanks and lightly shook Wonho's hand before quickly stepping away, he turned to Minhyuk,
"I have to go pack."