Protect Yourself

Myself

Chapter 23

The following day was uneventful for both Hyungwon and Hoseok.

Hyungwon immersed himself into his pending work and Hoseok went about his normal routine, but come around 5 pm Hoseok was done for the day and he couldn't help but invade the pink head's personal space.

"Hyunnie pleeeease; let's go out to eat," Hoseok kicked his legs for an emphasis on his words.

Hyungwon looked up through his wire-framed glasses to the funny sight of a grown man throwing a tantrum on his bed.

"I already told you I have work to do Hoseok; it's been two days since I got anything done and I have a deadline coming up."

Hoseok frowned and threw Hyungwon a big pout, Hyungwon on the other hand sighed, set his laptop aside, and reached over to run his fingers through the man's head. 

Said man stopped his kicking and immediately settled down, rejoicing in the mind-numbing feeling of his head being lightly massaged.

"How about we eat ramyeon?"  Hyungwon said as he pulled his hand from Hoseok's head and settled back into his former position, laptop on his lap.

Hoseok cracked open an eye, "Really?"

Hyungwon nodded and before he could say anything else Hoseok had launched himself from the bed and was out the door. 

Hyungwon shook his head and continued working; thirty minutes later a knock sounded on the door.

He looked up, "Come in."

The door opened and a hoodie-clad figure stepped  into view, "Bro says food is ready."

Hyungwon nodded and got up, putting his laptop to the side without closing it, "Let me just go to the restroom first."

He then slipped off into the restroom unaware that his open laptop had attracted unwanted attention from Changkyun.

———————

The dinner table was set with four bowls of noodles and many smaller bowls; Hyungwon greeted his friend who had just gotten home and then sat down.

He looked down at the bowl in front of him; that was teeming with carrots, scallions, and what was probably egg.  He felt his stomach grumble and had to admit the dish looked quite appetizing.

Hoseok set a pitcher of light green colored water and finally sat down; he grinned brightly at Hyungwon and said, "Eat!"

Hyungwon smiled at the other's eagerness and mirrored the others at the table, diving into his bowl of ramyeon.

———

"Ahhhhh, I'm so full."  Hyungwon groaned as he sunk onto the couch.

Hyunwoo chuckled, "I haven't seen you eat so much in a long time."

Hyungwon side-eyed his friend, "Shush, Hoseok's a very good cool."