Encounter at the Club

Myself

Chapter 19

By the time he had checked the notifications on his phone, it was already 2 pm. He had immersed himself in work and his playlist that it didn't even occur to him to check his phone.

His fingers froze on the line notification, asking himself if he wanted to open it but deciding that avoiding it any longer wouldn't help much. So he opened Hoseok's chat to read the message.

Hey, I know you probably don't want to talk to me but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I think I've pushed my luck too far with you and I feel very stupid about it; I know we've only known each other for a couple of weeks but I feel comfortable around you and I got swept up in that. I want to be your friend but I understand if you would rather not see me anymore. Hopefully, you'll answer...if not I'll take that as a cease and desist and I won't bother you anymore.

Hyungwon frowned, it wasn't exactly the message he wanted to receive from Hoseok but reading the part where it said he felt comfortable with him made his heart flutter.

"Stop being stupid, just respond." He said aloud and started typing when he suddenly noticed the time stamp on the message.

Friday 6:50 am

He frantically pulled up his calendar..... it was Saturday afternoon; meaning that it had been a whole day since Hoseok had sent that message.  Hyungwon felt panic and scrambled to pull Hoseok's number up on his screen, just as he was about to dial his finger stopped, he stared at the screen willing himself to push the call button.

As the dial tone rang he felt his heartbeat loudly in his chest, and when he was sent to voicemail his stomach dropped. He dialed once more and got voicemail again; he started typing hoping that Hoseok hadn't blocked him or something.

Meanwhile, a certain black-haired man was oblivious to the panic attack that Hyungwon was on the verge of.

——— A day earlier———

After failing to concentrate on his morning workout he had left the gym early and gotten home just as Hyunwoo was getting ready to leave.

"You're up early," Hyunwoo said as he slipped his shoes on.

Hoseok nodded and stood awkwardly in the entrance, "H-hey Hyunwoo.."

Hyunwoo looked up at Hoseok with question in his eyes.

"Ummm... have you and Hyungwon ever gotten into an argument or something...."

Hyunwoo cocked an eyebrow, "Or something?"

Hoseok rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't know, maybe you did or said something that pissed him off."

Hyunwoo stood upright after getting his second shoe on, "We probably have, especially when we were younger. Why?"

Hoseok looked down at his shoes and then back up at Hyunwoo, "So...how did he react? Like did he stay mad at you for a long time?"

Hyunwoo crossed his arms as he pondered to the times Hyungwon and he had argued, "For such a quiet person, he's unusually loud when he's angry, he'd shout and say mean things."