Middle of the Night

Myself

Chapter 18

The night was chilly, reminding Hyungwon that nature didn't cater to him and the lovely night he had been having.  He was thankful when Hoseok turned on the heater and the radio to shush off the silence in the car.

"Changkyun likes you."

Hyungwon turned to Hoseok, he took a moment to wonder how someone could look so handsome doing something as mundane as driving.

"He's too cute, I like him."

Hyungwon watched a smiled light up Hoseok's face, not his normal bright smile but an actual warm-hearted smile, and for a second he looked older.

They fell back into silence until Hoseok spoke up.

"I love this song." He reached out to turn the volume up.

Hyungwon leaned his head against the window and listened to the song.

You make me wanna run it all back
Nobody's ever done me like that
I thought l'd never ever need you
Now all I wanna do is see you

"Ah...Monsta X right?" Hyungwon asked as he recognized the song.

Hoseok nodded, "This is one of my favorites."

Hyungwon took a moment to appreciate the song, though it was in English and he couldn't understand all of it.

"'Cause I can't lose everything I know
I hate sleeping alone
I'm picking up the phone"

Hyungwon turned to Hoseok who had started singing along, as they came to a red light Hoseok turned to him and smiled as he sang, he had such a sweet voice for a man so big, it was very charming; he wondered what a lullaby would sound like if sung by this man.

And I'll be on the way in the middle of the night
'Cause I can never wait for the morning to rise
We're kissing in the car underneath of the light
You got me, you got me

As Hoseok continued singing to him he suddenly noticed the lyrics and the twinkle in Hoseok's eyes, before he could think about what he was doing Hyungwon had already leaned his head towards Hoseok. The black-haired male smiled as he drew out the note he was singing and leaned in slowly to kiss Hyungwon.

To say he didn't want it would be a lie but to say he did not regret it almost immediately would also be a lie. But Hyungwon's mind was clouded by the soft tongue that ran across his lower lip and the soft nips dealt to them.

At that moment the air inside the car stood still, his heartbeat slowed and the city around them went silent. He was lost in the soft bliss of Hoseok kissing him and his earlier qualms about liking him were forgotten.

But alas, all good things must come to an end, this end being the cars beeping at them to move.

Hoseok pulled away grinning and chuckled as he pulled away from the stoplight. Hyungwon though fell completely silent.

No other words were said until Hyungwon told Hoseok where to pull over for him to get out. He undid his seatbelt and was already opening the door when a hand pulled him back by the arm. He turned, Hoseok was leaning across the passenger seat, holding onto his arm.