Kitten

Myself

Chapter 26

Hyungwon's following days were full of work that by the time he had finished it was already Thursday night. 

He closed his laptop and stretched his whole body, groaning in pleasure as he felt his stiff muscles rejoice.

He looked at the clock on his wall and saw it was barely 10 pm.

It was weird but ever since he had gotten back from Hoseok's house his schedule had shifted to somewhat normal hours; the past two days he had gone to sleep between 11 pm and 1 am and had gotten up before noon. Not even when he was a teenager had his sleeping schedule been so normal but he wasn't complaining, it was kind of nice being able to answer Hoseok's messages on the fly and not hours later.

Ding!

Speak of the devil, Hyungwon's phone screen lit up with a line notification, he was almost one hundred percent sure he knew who it was.

Hoseok: Hey gorgeous ;) Are you ready for our trip?

Hyungwon smiled at the first part, Hoseok had taken it upon himself to call him different pet names every time, according to him he was trying to find the one that felt right.

Just finished work, gonna pack now. And gorgeous? Is that the best you can come up with today?

He stood up and went to his closet, fished out a small black suitcase, and started rifling through his closet in search of his outfits for that weekend.

Hoseok: make sure you pack warm clothes; it's gonna be chilly, darling ;)

He shook his head at the message before responding.

Jesus Hoseok, lay off the smiley winking faces; it reads off as suggestive.

He finally decided on two different colored turtle necks, a low-necked sweater, one pair of jeans, two pairs of pants, and copious amounts of underwear and socks; you could never pack enough underwear and socks.

Hoseok: but what if I am suggesting something? Precious ;)

Hyungwon cringed at that last word.

Ugh, that one is a no-go; it sounds like a dog name, one of those household crusty white dogs.

He went to the bathroom to retrieve his toiletries.

Hoseok: hey! Lay off the crusty white dogs! >:( all dogs are cute

Hyungwon zipped up the suitcase and set it beside his desk, he grabbed his phone and flopped onto his bed.

I beg to differ; cats on the other hand...

Hoseok: >:( No way! Dogs are the best! Especially puppies!

I believe in cat supremacy 🐱

Hyungwon couldn't help but smile at the playful banter, after that one unthinkable night in Hoseok's room he had left the next day at noon.  As soon as he had gotten home he had received a text from Hoseok and then they had never stopped texting each other, it was his new normal and he couldn't say he didn't like it.