Childhood Stories

Myself

Chapter 24

——Jooheon——

He tapped his foot as he stared at the message he had just sent Hyungwon; it wasn't rare that his friend took his time responding but it had been 3 hours already and there was no response.

For a millisecond he entertained the thought of the man being asleep but quickly dismissed it as he knew how much of a nocturnal being Hyungwon was; it was barely 1 am, this would be normal working hours for Hyungwon.

Alas, when 1 am turned to 3 am he resigned himself to the fact that his friend would probably not be answering soon.

He connected his phone to the wall charger and walked over to his closet; he began pushing boxes and piles of stuff out in search of something.

"Ah! Here it is!" He exclaimed as he pulled out a black suitcase, a whole bunch of other stuff fell across the floor as well.

He looked at the mess he had made and shrugged his shoulders deciding that he would deal with the mess later. And so on he went to select clothes from his closet and throw them into the suitcase.

In a matter of an hour he was finished packing; he looked at the time, 4 am and decided he could squeeze in a couple of hours of sleep before he left for the airport.

———Hyungwon———

"Wait he what???" Hyungwon exclaimed in surprise into his phone.

"I said he'll be in Japan for about a month.  He's probably on the plane right now, he told me you didn't answer him yesterday."

Hyungwon felt frown and he bit down on his bottom lip nervously, "Ok, thank you for telling me
Min."

"By the way Wonnie, Don't forget I'm going to  my parents this weekend, so maybe you should stay with Wonho until then."

Hyungwon frowned, "Minhyuk, I am an adult and I can take care of myself, I'm leaving tomorrow."

Hyungwon said his goodbyes to his friend and then proceeded to send Jooheon a safe trip message.

Their last collaboration had gotten Jooheon on the radar of a famous Japanese hip hop producer who liked Jooheon's stuff so much he wanted them to make some stuff together; so Jooheon had been flown out to Japan and would be there for at least a month.

He sighed and put his phone to the side; then he turned to his computer and kept working for about an hour before a knock interrupted him.

"Ah, Hyungwon; Hyunwoo said he's not coming home for dinner and Changkyun is at study group today, so you wanna go out to eat?" Hoseok peeked his head into the room.

Hyungwon turned back to his computer and then to the hopeful eyes of his...uhhh...friend?

He stood up from the desk and closed his laptop, "Sure, let me just change."

Hoseok nodded excitedly and closed the door.

Hyungwon went over to the black duffel bag and fished out his second to last clean outfit. A plaid blue shirt, baggy white tee, and light-colored ripped jeans; then ran his hands through his hair before grabbing his phone and wallet and heading out into the living room.