The Elven Realm

Hey, 21 reads is amazing. Thanks. Especially to @Lott7ie, who added my story, I'm kind of insanely happy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 He swung his club at me but missed. As I weaved around his fruitless attacks, I realized my hair was blond again. Being the woodlen realm must have bleached it again. No wonder he attacked me, I thought. I gave up one trying to get him to stop and went to retrieve the ring. In the corner of my eye, I could see Legolas and Tauriel fighting orcs but I noticed they were both trying to catch glances at me. The black-haired dwarf was running for the leaver to open the gate. I snatched my bow off my back and notched an arrow. I was running all the while so even though I was aiming for his heart I hit his calf. I cursed at my inaccuracy and the dwarf pulled the leaver opening the gate. The dwarves zoomed out through the river. I chased after them along with other elves who were trying to get to kill the orcs. I was never the fastest runner and the other elves were gaining on me. I couldn't risk getting caught. I needed my trusty steed. I pierced with a scream, not unlike the Nazguls, and it filled the air making everyone stop and writhe in pain. A neigh filled the air as Tao cantered over to me. Even though I left him by the spiders he would always follow me where he could. He passed the orcs and the elves who were battling on the banks of the river and patiently waited as I jumped on him. I galloped alongside the dwarves who looked quite confused. The current was pretty slow so I could keep up but it picked up suddenly and it became rocky underfoot enabling Tao to go very fast. I watched as the dwarves disappear down the river and I turned to watch the elves retreating back to the kingdom. A blade suddenly hurtled toward my face. I ducked and it went over me. I looked up again and yelled to the attacking orcs.

"I am the lady Ebony, daughter of Sauron and trained by the Nazgul, I have been sent by my father to fetch an item belonging to one of these dwarfs, and you just ruined my chance at destroying those scum and all their allies." The orcs looked disappointed but Bolg looked suspicious.

"Did your father know that our tasks would be entwined?" He asked in a deep cold voice.

"He didn't, but it matters not. We will kill these dwarves before they reach the mountain and take what we need." Bolg grunted and passed me, muttering in a raspy voice

"My lady"

We jogged along the edge of the river for hours. I had studied maps for years in the library of Minas Morgul and I knew that the river ran out to a lake entering the area of Esgaroth. Even if we couldn't catch the dwarves and the halfling along the river, we could run them down. We arrived at a rocky area where we hoped the dwarves would be. The current was flat and we could tell they had been here minutes before. I wondered how they had gotten away so fast but Bolg was already sniffing the air.

"Man flesh" He pointed to a small jetty a few yards away "They have found a way to cross the lake." The boat would take the dwarves to the town of lake town, where the survivors of Dale now lived under the shadow of the mountain. I cursed loudly. It would take a long time to catch them now.

"We rest here. Hunt and gather your strength" Bolg declared to his men. The orcs hooted and went off into the trees.

"Why would you do that!" I asked, "You're giving the dwarves more time."
"They will go quickly after they have eaten, we will arrive at Lake-town and kill the dwarves in their sleep.

"I'm going to catch them" I muttered quickly and mounted Tao. Bolg growled but knowing he couldn't stop me he let me go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, You've probably noticed that even though I proofread my work, A LOT of mistakes always seem to make it through. My dearest apologies.