The Sword in the Cave.

Thank you to @Bonitacourtenay2006 for her comment. In her honor.... On with the story. 

 We found a bridge about 20 miles from where the ferry was. There was only four of us as the others had not returned from driving off the rangers. We rode quietly letting the snorts of the horses fill the silence  it until it was broken when Khamul said

"The halflings will head to Bree, we will kill them in there sleep"

Sleep. The word rolled around  in my brain, I was mortal and it was an essential life bringing force. It was only now that I realized that it was only last night that I had waited in Isengard, despite the hours slowing passing. The feeling that I felt when I chased the halflings had left and now it was replaced by hollowness in my body. I knew I mustn't let up and continued to head toward Bree. Suddenly the call of the ring drew me forward. The ring had been put on by one of the halflings. The feeling woke me up as did to the others. Our pace quickened stride by stride toward Bree. By the time we saw the dreary little town surrounded by a wall the gatekeeper had seen us.

"Who goes there?" He yelled through the hole in the gate. Khamul didn't hesitate to lead the rest of us at the gate knocking it over onto the gatekeeper and trampling him as we leaked into the town. I knew people where watching us through the gaps in there blinds or the keyholes of there doors, daring not to make a sound, but we heard them. The sound of there fear as we looked in there direction. Dogs and cats cowered away. We were here. Khamul led us to a inn. Despite being able to understand common tongue I could not read it. The sign had a picture of a proud stepping horse on it. We all dismounted and entered the bar. It was empty but there was someone still here, I could tell. We ignored this and went into the rooms. In the first one we found we he hooted silently. The four hobbits sleeping peacefully. We drew our swords each Nazgul stepping to the side of the of a bed.

"NOW" said Khamul. I plunged my sword into the halfings heart not once but a few times. I looked down. There was no blood around the wounds. My sword was also clean. I lifted up the covers and saw that the sleeping hobbits were fake. There bodies were chicken. I screamed in frustration. The others did to. It was trick, the hobbits were not here and this had slowed us down. We fled in anger and mounted, the horses flying across the ruins of the gate. We rode an mile following Khamul it would may be a small track but my weariness was consuming me. The hatred to the hobbits had melted and I needed to rest. I moved Tao to the front rode alongside Khumal.

"I need to rest" I stated. He looked up and I removed my hood.
"Yes. I'm sorry. I should have taken your needs first." He said kindly. I felt guilty so I added
"The horses are tired too."

I couldn't see his face but I knew it was kind. I turned to a sound in front of us. A flurry of hooves was coming toward us. I prepared to draw my sword but then I realized it was the other Nazgul returning after the ambush from the Dunedain.

"what news?" Khamul asked sharply.

We chased the rangers until we reached the ruins of Angmar. Khamul hissed remembering losing a war there long ago. "We were interfered by the grey wizard. He used a fire storm to burn us and make an escape himself." One of the Nazgul said. Khamul nodded his head in disapproval.
"The lady Ebony wishes to rest, "we will resume our search after." I hated being the cause for which we had to stop but I knew I would only slow the others down anyway. We wandered through the scrub getting closer to the troll shaw. The others led me until we found a deep cave.

I barely remember climbing off Tao and lying down but when I woke up the I felt the best I had felt in a long time. I sat up, stretched and walked to the deepest part of the cave where Tao was observing some junk. He saw me and gave me a friendly nod and gestured to me to look.

"This appeared to be a troll cave once. Much of the valuables is gone but perhaps you should see what you can find."

"What about the halflings? Aren't we going to look for them?

"it appears they have gone further into the scrub far from tracks. It is clear that they are being helped but by who remains a mystery. But, we know they will try to make for Rivendell. Since we have our strength in number we will be able to hunt down the hobbits and pursue them if they run. But, as a caution. Perhaps the hobbits will slip by unnoticed and they enter Rivendell so we will need to infiltrate,

"but you can't" I interrupted trying to point out the obvious.

"No, I can't but you can." He replied

"They'll find out! I mean, I wear black, I have a black sword and my hair is black. Not to mention I have a black horse that obediently comes when I scream fear into the air."

"Well the horse we can do nothing about, but I was hoping you could find an elvish weapon here and manage to change. Your hair will bleach like it did before."

'Alright" I said curtly. "Fine." I stepped forward and began picking through what I had originally thought of as junk, but had proved to be weapons, clothes, armour, gold and valuables. Khamul picked through multiple chests but I went around the room looking for a weapon. Much to my disappointment the only weapons were man made or crafted by a troll. I sighed just as glint of silver shone through the gloom. I turned to see a sword rack. It was crafted so delicately I knew it was elven made. I saw that it had once held 3 swords but not one hung there. I ran my finger across the top removing the grime of thousands of years. I turned and walked away stepping on something. I looked down. The most beautiful handle of a sword was underneath my foot. Its craftmanship's magic warmed my foot from underneath. I picked it up and looked at the markings. There were tiny leaves engraved on the handle and some writing I could not read. The blade was still in a holster yet the leather was a well preserved as the handle. I held my breath as I unsheathed revealing I long dainty sword. The tip was curved just a tiny bit and as I grasped the handle it wove into my fingers like it was made just for me. I looked around and saw that glow that the sword had given off in the cave. It cut through all the gloom as I held it up. Suddenly Khamul and the other Nazgul began to cower.

"Stop" Khamul hissed. I sheathed the sword and turned around. Khamul walked urgently toward me.
"That sword is cursed." I dropped it down hurridly. "that sword belonged to gil galad king of all the elves in the second age. With that sword, he wounded your father allowing the scum of Gondor to take his chance."

"I can use to disguise myself?" I asked secretly wanting to hold the sword again.

"Yes" Khamul said  but if you don't need, bury it."