PART THREE: The Choices I Make

We made it to PART THREE! I'm planning for it to have four parts so we are 3/4 done! Thanks for reading!

I was never a person to complain until now, every step pained the sole of my feet until they began to feel numb. We had been running for 3 days with little food or water. The Lembas bread that I had stuffed in pockets days before was crushed to a powder but we managed to share it anyway. We had found many clues that the Urak Hai had travelled through this land but we had no indication that Merry and Pippen were alive. We found a elven brooch identical to ours trampled into the dirt but the Uraks had only quickened there pace since then. We were now in the Land of Rohan, a darkness had setteled onto the desolate land restraining us in strange way. I ran next to Legolas, we had become quite good friends since Loth Lorien. We found each-others company reviving in the darkest of times. While we ran I would often talk to Legolas about his past as he soon discovered that my past was not a cheery past time. We did have something in common though, our skill in combat was often marvelled by others. I asked about Tauriel the red head elf who he fancied.
"She was banished for falling in love with a dwarf who died in the Battle of the Five Armies. She now roams the wilderness without contact with anybody. I saw her before he came to council of Elrond and she was almost mad with grief and regret."
"I'm sorry." I said not thinking the answer would be so dark and brutal. He nodded sadly.
"If we win the war I will persuade her to come to the undying lands where she can rest in peace" I smiled at his hospitality. Suddenly the sound of thundering hooves behind me turned around.
"Hide!" Aragorn said urgently. We took cover behind a few rocks as about 100 horse men came over the brow of the hill. "Riders of Rohan! What news from the mark?" Aragorn yelled out as he started to come out of his hiding place. The front rider turned his spear to our direction and the riders swiftly turned, circling around us with there spears pointed at our chests. The leader rode up on a grey horse, he dismounted and spoke coldly
"What business does an man, a dwarf and two elves have in the riddermark." He looked at me with a look of interested and desire and continued to talk. "Speak quickly!" He ordered.
"We are tracking a group of Urak-Hai across the plains, they have taken two of our friends captive." I told him.
"We are friends of Rohan and Théoden king." Aragorn added.
"Theoden no longer recognizes friends from foe, not even his own kin." The man took of his helmet sadly.
"Saruman has poisoned his mind, orcs are running across our lands killing at will. The white wizard is cunning, he walks here and there they say, and everywhere spies slip through our nets.
"We are no spies but have you seen our friends?" I said far to impatiently. If the man was annoyed he didn't show it.
"We slaughtered the orcs in night." I opened my mouth to ask him to elaborate but he added. "We left none alive." There was an eerie silence. A plummeting feeling filled my stomach.
 "I'm sorry," The man said guiltily, We piled and burnt the carcasses over the hill. Hasufel, Arrod!" To stallions, a grey and brown walked obediently to there master. He handed there reins to us. "May these horses bear you better fortune then there former masters." He mounted his horse and put his helmet back on.
"I am Eomer, by the way and I think our paths will cross again." He nodded farewell, "Look for your friends but so not trust hope, it is forsaken in these lands." He then addressed his Men as he moved his horse into a trot. "We ride north!" 

I watched as the riders disappeared over the brow of the hill and then turned to Arrod. I watched as Gimli wiggled up into the saddle behind Aragorn and I realized that I was going to have to share with Legolas. The Prince began mounting our horse and he swiftly swing his leg over the saddle. We lowered his arm down to help me up but I ignored it a little offended that he didn't think I could get on a horse. Legolas smiled to Aragorn as if he was sharing an inside joke and cantered the horse forward. The feeling of of bouncing around on a horse back made me miss Tao but I pushed the thought out my mind. We rode only a few miles until we found a smoldering pile of bodies. Blood and missing orcs limbs were scattered across the battle field and a orc head was skewered on a spear. Gimli picked through the burning pile with his axe in despair. We watched anxiously and suddenly he paused as he showed us a elven sword holster. A tear trickled through down my cheek and I could feel the airborne ash sticking to it. Aragorn stood in shock before he kicked a orc helmet and let out a angry and upset yell. The ringing in my ears echoed throughout the land.
"A hobbit lay here," Aragorn said suddenly. He crawled on hands on knee's until he found another sign. "The other lied here." He began to examine smudges in the dirt. "Their hands were bound, they crawled. There bonds were cut!" He picked up a piece of rope. "They ran, into the Fangorn..." We gazed upon the old forest with it's twisted tree trunks and moss covered earth.
"What madness drove them there!" Gimli said horrified.
"Look!" I said pointing to a broken branch and heavy footsteps leading into the forest. "This was not made my any hobbit."
"They were chased, by an orc it appears."
"We have been lucky thus far but we need to hurry, that orc may not be dead."
"Then let us retrieve our friends" Aragorn finalized.