Pain and Vengeance

I went straight to the stables to get Raindrop. I was already wearing my amour I still had my daggur that I used to distract the Witch King. I mounted bareback without a bridal. Raindrop hadn't ever been ridden like this but elves were renound for there communication to animals. Legolas and Gimli walked in with a saddle for Arrod. When they saw me they both looked surprised.
"Where were you last night?" Legolas asked.
"Couldn't sleep so I started roaming." I answered. Gimli shook his head in playful disbelief but Legolas looked a little annoyed.
"What." I asked him.
"I thought you had run off."
"Why would I do that, when I can do this!" I used my wind powers to pick up pieces of straw of the ground. There awestruck gazes made me laugh. Another horn sounded so we rode down to the gathering armies. Gandalf, Eomer and Aragorn stood all on horse at the great gates. Merry and Pippen were sat behind Eomer and Gandalf looking a little startled.
"Hey, just remember where doing this for Frodo." I said reassuringly. They gave me grim smile as we began to move. 6000 men all without horses walked behind us. They had survived one battle just to be dragged to the next. But this time they followed a king. Aragorn rode pridefully in front looking neater then I had ever seen him. As we rounded a corner the black gates loomed over us. I had wanted to rip them down more. I swallowed a felt the presence of Sauron nearby. Legolas took my hand and held it.
"Have hope." He whispered.

The army stopped moving at Aragorns command as my dearest friends and I cantered up the black gate.
"Let the Lord of the Black lands come fourth! Let justice be done upon him!" Aragorn called out to sealed gates. There was a heavy silence until I heard the sound of the gates creaking open like strained metal.

A figure on horseback emerged out of the gate. He was covered in all black like a wraith but he was not. He wore a helmet that covered all but his horrific mouth. I looked at the horse who was covered in armour but it did not cover the signs of neglect and abuse. The horse looked at me with a defeated look in his eyes but suddenly I realized it was Tao. My bottom lip quivered as I tried to restrain myself from letting out a sob.

"My master Sauron the great bids thee welcome." The creature said almost tauntingly his voice raspy. No one said anything.
"Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me?"

"We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed. Tell your master this. The armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart these lands, never to return." Gandalf ordered.

"Ahh. Old greybeard. I have a token I was bidden to show thee." He took out a shiny shirt. Mithril. Frodo's Mithril shirt.

"Frodo!" Pippen said horrified.
"Quiet!" Gandalf snapped as he caught the shirt thrown at him.

"No!" Merry said from behind Eomer.
"Be silent," Gandalf ordered.
"The halfling was dear to you I see. I can promise you that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who knew something so small could endure so, much, pain." He said slowly letting each word sink in like a knife. He then turned to me.
"Ahh, Lady Ebony. Your father wondered if you would return."
"I will not return to you, FILTH!" I answered. The creature smirked.
"I see you have recognized your horse. Now, watch it die." Everything happened in slow motion I watched as he pulled out a sword and plunged it into Tao's neck just as Legolas shot at the creature killing it instantly. But it was too late. Tao collapsed in a pool of dark sticky blood. I screamed in pain. I jumped of Raindrop and ran to his side.
"Tao, Tao, Tao" I murmured. I felt my heart break when Tao gave a final sigh and shut his eyes for good.

"NOOO!" I yelled I ran at the gate and with my gifts, I was at the top in seconds.

I killed the first orc in sight stabbing it in the neck so it could Tao's pain. I felt the gates start to move underneath me as legions upon legions marched out, ready to oppose Aragorn. I didn't stop though. I jumped down on top of them thrashing at them with Eowyn's sword. I was aware I was screaming angrily but was also aware I didn't care anymore. I ran through the neat lines of orcs killing them and leaving their bodies is a trail. I ran in the direction of the great eye. I was going to die there but at least I would be with Tao. I thought of Eowyn's sword in my hands and the words she had spoken:
"For your promise." It was an illogical thing to think but I also thought of Gandalf's words.
"Do you want to oppose your father?"

I thought of Elrond all of these voices guiding me to the right decision.
"That is why you have a good heart you do not seek revenge on those who have done you wrong."

I heard Galadriel's voice next, it was soothing

"You are holding the key to middle earth."
I thought of Legolas next:

"We must have hope. It is scarce now but we do have, we must treasure it."

With all of there guidance and words, playing in my head I came to a decision. It was irrational but I felt like I had to do it. I ran to the tower of Barrudur and climbed the many staircases. I went into my room to look for my silver sword and my Elinor necklace. With my necklace pocketed and both swords unsheathed I turned to the door way ready to confront my father but he had beaten me to it. A figure, white as snow but thin like paper stood there. He was like the form the Nazgul took but it was not a Wraith. It was Sauron.

"Hello, Ebony." He purred. I realized he did not have the ring. They had lied to us. If Sauron had the ring he would be a solid form. But what was here, was left of him. "You came for me." He said. I felt myself freeze a little.
"You don't have the right to kill who you did." I informed him.
"And who would that be Ebony?"
"The innocent." I said curtly. Sauron laughed.
"I am the only ruler who ever will rule this earth."

"No one gave you that right." I spat.
"But no one can oppose me." He said tauntingly.
I used my ability of the wind to send a gust his way. I expected his frail body to fall down. It didn't but I like the shocked expression on his face. I used the distraction to lunge at him. I grabbed his head and dug my dagger into his face. He yelled out and ripped me off him flinging me down to the ground. He drew a blade and went to attack me. I blocked with the sword in my right hand, Eowyn's sword, and used Gil gilads to slice at his neck. He ducked and swiped at me. I weaved around all of his attacks leaving the split seconds between them to counterattack. We were even matched even with my gifts and I knew that frustrated him. He took a torch and tipped over a barrel of oil on me throwing the torch at me. I felt the heat of the flames around me but I didn't burn. I walked out of the fire untouched.
"You created me!" I yelled against the roar of the fire behind me. "I have many of your gifts to use against you!"

"Fool!"He yelled. "The ring is coming to me! You are weak compared to me."
"The ring will be destroyed!" He laughed cruelly.
"You have such faith in those mutations you go blind!"
"So far everything you said would blind me has only set you against me." I said truthfully. Just as I said it Sauron began to glow. Light began to seep into his body and he grew. My heart dropped. The ring had been put on. Frodo hadn't been able to destroy it.
"NO!" I yelled as Sauron lunged at me pinning me to the ground. His strength outmatched me. I fell to the ground with him on top of me gripping my shoulders. He clenched them and I felt them bleeding. He took out my knife from my arm holster and pointed it at my neck. I felt a bead of blood trickle down from it as I tried to escape from his icy grip.
"Now, this is what you get for being a traitor." He said it dug the knife a little deeper and more blood spilled out. I tried hard not to scream while trying to get out of his grip. Then suddenly, he stopped. Saurons body froze before crumbling into ashes. The great eye on top of the tower let out a horrific scream before the tower started crumbling. I had to get out. There was a promise to Eowyn I wanted to fulfill. I staggered down the stairs that kept moving. I wasn't sure if it was blood loss or the fast-collapsing tower which had begun to shake. I lost balance and fell down the stairs like a rag doll. I picked myself up and finally got to the bottom just as the tower crumbled. A shock wave hit the ground and knocked me over completely. I fell face-first into the dirt and I couldn't get up. As I lay there dying I felt a surge of happiness to know that we had won the war. I was going to see Tao again and my father would no longer haunt me. I had lived a good life so I would die a good death. When the blackness concealed me, I let it take me without a fight. It was time for my next adventure...