PART TWO: The Turn Around

Welcome to PART TWO! I hope you enjoy the second part as much as I have enjoyed writing the first. Thank you for reading BTW. I am so proud of the 41 reads I have received. Most of all I would like to acknowledge JRR Tolkien. Without his Middle Earth, there would never be one ring or fellowship. This is also a disclaimer for the rest of my chapters. 

I don't own any of the characters, or storyline for any of the chapters. 

Now! On with the story. :)

It has been 59 years since the battle for Erebor and my confinement has been loosened a little. I worked in the furnaces for most of the time and the rest I trained. A fought Khamul yet I always won, even if he had another with him. 60 years is a short time in the life of an elf and I considered myself quite old, yet I was still looked down upon by the Nazgul and my father, some of the most powerful beings in middle earth. My father often talks about an alliance with Saramun yet he shows no sign of allegiance. My father is planning to track down the ring yet the halfling is a race he had never heard of. We had reached news though, a mutated creature hiding in the caverns of the misty mountains had come by the ring yet lost it. To who, we did not know but we have heard that was is on the loose and had been sighted east of Mordor. I was enraged when my father sent the Nazgul to find it but he told me;
"Your time will come and it will be glorious" Typical. 

They returned with a mutated creature who hissed and cursed when he was tied down. The Nazguls looked at him almost like they were afraid and I made sure not to do the same. The creature wailed as we locked him in a cell but then it began to talk.

"Ohh Precious, what a nasty place, full of enemies" I went to answer but he said something again this time in a different tone.

"It's your fault precious you led us to the forsaken place."

"No! It's Baggins's fault. The Baggins's stole our precious." This time the voice was sulky.

"And Baggins shall be avenged!" Said the spiteful voice.

"Shut Up!" the other said. "They might be listening"

"Sorry precious" The other voice grunted still sulky.

I thought about the Baggins and what it took and I had only one guess.

"What did the Baggins steal from you?" I asked the creature. It didn't answer. "Where is the Baggins now?" The creature let out a hiss and rocked. "Very well" I drew my sword out of my holster.

The creature turned and I saw fear in his eyes that quickly dissipated and turned to anger.

"Shire, Baggins!" I knew this what the information that I needed and my intuition told me that the creature would not lie. It was too twisted. I left the creature who was talking to himself again and went to the top of Bara Dur. I had associated it with my failure in the past but now I could produce valuable information on the location of the ring. I spoke first to the eye.

"I know the location of the ring, may I retrieve it, father?"

"Travel with the Nazgul, find the ring, and return it to me to lead the last assault on Gondor."

"I can go alone, father. I do not need aid." I said trying to keep my voice steady from the anger I was feeling.

"I've been wrong about that before." The words stung but I kept a straight face. "Yes, father" I bowed and climbed to the stairs to alert the Nazgul.

We left out of Minas Morgul on our horses, Tao was glad to run free again and turned his nose to the open road ahead. The Nazgul were cloaked in Black so I did the same. I knew that way I could blend with the Nazgul and reveal myself as an elf which had proven helpful before. We galloped hard and arrived at Isengard. Khamul had been instructed to tell Saruman (who I was still suspicious of) to prepare an army. I was annoyed that Sauron had instructed Khamul to do that and hadn't mentioned it to me. I had grown a timid dislike of my father that crept into to mind often. I would often push it out of my mind but anything I did in Mordor reminded me of why I was there. Khamul was the best friend that I could ever want. He was kind, forgiving, and despite being completely loyal always thought was my father's punishment was harsh. I was often excited to see him, even though I spent most of my day with him. I wondered what he thought of me and I spent a lot of time unconsciously thinking about it. I also reflected on when the King of Gondor had offered me to become Queen. I didn't think twice about my decision at the time but I always thought it was my loyalty to my father despite not seeing my father in a long time. Back then my closest family was Khamul. Perhaps it was because I couldn't leave him. It was an odd feeling and it was a type of affection that I hadn't experienced before. My thoughts were interrupted when Khamul trotted his horse to ride with me, my heart fluttered but I tried to act normal.

"You seem tense. What is the matter?" I decided not to tell him the thoughts rolling around my head.

"I'm fine. I just don't want to make the same mistakes as last time."

"I understand." I didn't think he really did but I kept that to myself along with the other strange thoughts going round my head.