Rivendell

This one is just a filler, enjoy. Also, thanks for 161 reads. It is so exciting to see.

I told him everything. My feelings both good and evil, my hate towards Mordor, to orcs, to Khamul. Khamul was an interesting topic. I had feared him, looked up to him, worked with him, loved him, hated him and left him. All the while Elrond listened. Sometimes pacing when I told him about the enemy, sometimes sitting at small table all the while he nodded processing each thought. When I was finished I found myself sitting at the table with him. I felt so at ease now but now it was time to recieve my punishment.

"You have committed little crimes despite your intentions when released out of Mordor. Your largest is percepting the Gondorian king then killing him, despite having hurt others of middle earth you appeared to have killed more of you own kind!" I nodded. Elrond was only talking about the good in me, I had doubted it was there and enclosed it in the darkeness but Elrond had made it brighter then ever. Then guilt poured into my soul. For everything I had said and done, things I had never thought to think about again.
"Your soul is being cleansed, do you no longer feel loyalty to your father?"
"No." I now thought of him as the head of the prision.
"You are free of your crimes, here we can give you a new start to a life that other elves a guaranteed." My mouth fell open in surprise, he was just letting me go.
"My lord" I stammered. "Is there anything I can repay you in."
"No. now go"
"Thank you lord"
"Ebony, I have a theory about your ring." I nodded "Long ago your father forged the great rings to elves, men and dwarves. He failed to control the elves and dwarves but power hungry men fell into its power creating the Nazgul, servants that he could control and manipulate. I fear, that your ring is not a ring to control them all, yet a ring that can be controlled." He said gravely.

From there on I only vaguely remember, I knew I screamed then tried to take the ring off. I remember trying to crawl away from it then it then sitting under the table holding my knees. From then my memory ceased.

I awoke feeling confused, then happy, then dread hit me. I was not Saurons daughter or his heir, I was figure in a large war plan. I panicked and tried to open my eyes. I saw an elf with long dark brown hair look down at me.
"Shhhh, I am Arwen. My father sent me down to watch you. You have been summoned for a feast that is hosted in less then an hour, please come, your arrival as stirred the elves and guests they will want to know why you hide.
"Fear" I croaked, my throat felt raw from screaming. "I cannot turn to be with thoses who I have hurt. You included..."
"Me?"
"I chased you, trying to take the halfling as you rode to the ford." Arwen nodded thoughtfully. "I thought you rode better then a Nazgul. Rise, for a new day has dawned. Yesterday is not forgotten but is past."  I got up and Arwen laid clothes for me. A red dress with black imbroidery around the outsides. As I put it on I fitted me well. "Here, let me show you how to braid your hair".
" I already no how to" I said annoyed.
"Let me show you how to do it that is custom for elves on feast days." She got me to put on Khumals head piece. Then she took strands of my blond hair and braided it around the thin wire. When I saw myself in the mirror I gasped. I seemed to be glowing. The dress had appeared long and gapy at first but now it hung around me like it was meant to be.
"You look beautiful" Arwen told me.
"It's the absence of the ring. It made me dark but now I seem more.... Light! What happened to it?" I asked Arwen
 "It was not easily destroyed but none of the other great rings have so now it is being kept safely where it could not fall into the wrong hands. Come, do not be troubled by it now."

I walked with Arwen to find the dining pavilion, it seemed we were the last people to arrive but no one seemed to mind as they busily chatted. There where elves, men and dwarves that were all here to discuss my fathers ring. I spotted Legolas first. He gave me a look as if he were scanning me. I avoided his gaze and sat down next to Arwen. I looked down the long table and spotted the four halflings along with an older one. They were sitting at the other end of the table far from me. I understood the risk I could be to them and pushed the anger out of my body. Next to hobbits was a man clad in a grey cloak and a long grey beard. He had a somber look on his face until one of the Hobbits said something funny and he smiled fondly at them. I turned away before they noticed me and Elrond stood up from the end of the table.

"Friends from other lands, we are gathered here to vanquish another threat but before we discuss further matters let us feast together." The elves and the hobbits bowed there heads politely in Elronds direction while the men and dwarves took large jugs of ale and rose them into the air yelling "aye". Then elves wearing identical yellow tunics and cloaks walked into the room bearing plates of food. Food from Mordor consisted of a unidentified chewy meat and mouldy bread. If it was only a little stale it was considered a delicacy and should be savoured, yet here the bread was round shaped with a golden chewy crust with a soft white interior. Like Arwen I filled my plate and began to eat. Arwen had to show me how to use a knife and fork. I asked her why they use a knife for eating but she only laughed. It was harder to learn then I thought but I was able to blend in more then. I was aware of the stares I collected throughout the meal though. Whispers from further down the table followed by the craning of necks to catch a glimpse of me were not uncommon. I guess it was going to be like that for a while now. When the meal was finished, everyone was so observed in there conversations to really leave the table. I talked to Arwen about the construction of Rivendell, something I was fascinated by, but I noticed her eyes drifted away towards a group talking, it consisted of Legolas, Elrond, the man in grey and another man with his back turned to us. His hair was shaggy and matted and something told me that I had seen him before.

"Who is that?" I asked Arwen. She smiled like she was remembering something pleasant.

"His name is Aragorn son of Arathorn, he was raised here by my father. He is chief of the Dunedain and is a skilled ranger. I believe it was you who fought him at wethertop." I nodded guiltily. "He said you were most well trained opponent he has faced."

"You know him?" Arwen smiled and gazed at his turned back with an expression of adoration. Perhaps feeling the eyes on him Aragorn turned from his conversation and returned the look of love. It then occurred to me that Arwen may know Aragorn better then I thought. Still, he was a man and she was an elf princess. My theory was confirmed when he was forced to turn around when he was asked a question by Legolas only to receive a hateful glare from Elrond. It was clear he didn't approve of Arwen and Aragorns relationship. Arwen looked hurt at Elrond's scorn but her face brightened again when she said
"Come, let me show you around"

After a long and interesting tour we retired back to my chambers. Arwen sat on wooden seat with pretty carvings on it and I sat on the table.
"You have a good heart Ebony" she said. "My trust is given to you."
"Thankyou" I said in awe. There was a pause before I asked her something else. "May you call me another name. Ebony means black."

Arwen thought for a moment, "Elenor, it means sun star in elvish" I nodded, pleased. I have no longer a reason to be the dark maiden of Mordor. There was only to things from Mordor now. Tao (who Arwen had showed me was safely in the Rivendell stables) and my tiara. It was not made in Mordor. It was to intricate and well crafted. "Where was this made?" I asked Arwen indicting to it on my tiara. Arwen frowned.
"I'm not sure, why?"
"Oh, nothing, I was just wondering" I chose not to tell her about Khamul.
"I should go" she said after a minutes silence. I nodded and bid her farewell, undid my hair and placed the tiara gently down. I lay down in my bed and fell into dreamless sleep.

Sorry for not updating any earlier. I was not being lazy, I was just tired. Do you think Ebony/ Elinor now will stay good? Answer in the comments bellow⬇. Until then,
-Roozle out!