The Shadow of Orthanc

69 Reads!!!!!!!!! Only one more until 70!!!! I would also love to thank @TheKnight1010 for adding it to there reading list. Thanks again guys!

I've already unclaimed, so yeah.

  We arrived at Isengaurd at dawn, 2 days after we left Mordor. We did not like to travel in the light so we Khamul suggested we wait there until we can travel faster and stronger. I reluctantly agreed as I wanted to reach the shire as soon as I could but I new the power of the Nazgul was a gift, if he we were to catch the halflings. Saruman greeted us coldly on the stairs of Orthanc. His eyes lingered over me as I revealed my face by taking of my hood.

"I have heard of the dark maiden of Mordor" Khamul walked protectively in front of me.

"I have heard of the white wizard and he will join my father."

"You have heard well. A dozen orcs have been preparing for the birth of a glorious army." I laughed cruelly.

"Then where is it?"

"I see you must be suspicious, but I expect another to arrive later today and I cannot start until he is taken care of." I was about to ask another question but Khamul cut me off.

"We expect results in this alliance" He said sharply. Saruman shrunk a little and promised us results.

We spent the rest of the day hiding in the shadows of Orthanc. I must of asked Khamul was it dark enough but he continued to say no until I was bored silly. I knew I still had hours until the light receded and Saruman told me to stay indoors because of the other wizard arriving. The Nazgul slunk into the shadows and rested and Tao was taken care of in a small stable far from Orthanc. I had waited nearly 60 years and I did not want to wait some more.

"Is it time?" I asked Khamul for the eleventh time. He hissed angrily and I understood, but it didn't stop me from being angry. I wasn't a Nazgul, I could go,  so why didn't I? I went to the door.

"Where are you going?" asked one of the Nazgul.

"The shire." I answered angrily. Khamul materialized next to me.

"Do not leave now. We will be able to ride harder at night." His voice was commanding but it softened. "Try something"

"Try what?"
"you're an elf. Some elves have powers."
"do I?"
"depends on your heritage"
"you mean before Sauron rescued me?" he nodded. "Why haven't you told me this before"
"You were to unpredictable." I opened my mouth to protest but it was true.

At first I tried healing. I used a knife to cut my palm and willed it to mend. It didn't so I tried again. It just left me with a bloody palm. Next I tried flight. I had no idea what sort of powers elves could have so I wondered if I was doing it right. I took a run up and jumped into the air. Instead of flying a dropped heavily. I spent the next few hours trying everything I could think of. I tried doing what the white elf who made my father head to Mordor. I concluded after trying everything yet then, I realized it was darkening and the Nazguls were preparing to cross the river Isen and run to the shire. I was angry that I had tried so hard and I it was a waste of time but I had been glad for the distraction. We rode across the river and into open lands. We galloped screaming our cry. I felt bird and beast cower at the sound. Khamul hissed in disagreement but said nothing. We were uncrossable now that we had eliminated our enemies. We crossed the Buckland river as the moon crept over the trees and the sun blinded our way. The Nazgul were partially blinded but there horses were not and they could still smell and hear.

"It is here" Khamul said sounding excited. I nodded. I felt the same power luring usforeward. "split up and ask for Shire, Baggins."