The Mountain Pass

212 reads! Wow! Thanks guys xoxo.

I awoke to the sound of a rummaging bag.
"Here we are Mr Frodo sir." Said the voice of Samwise Gamgee, "not quite as good as the shire I must say but good enough"

"Ahh, what's not to love about it, great open rode, sleeping on rocks and on our way to the home to the greatest villain of middle earth." Said Pippen sarcastically.

"I think you right Pip," said Merry going on with it, "I think all hobbits should do this. They're just missing out. Hobbits and there baths, eh" Frodo laughed. I sat up and saw them cooking slices of a pink meat and tomatoes on tiny cooking fire. They were still half fresh after there long slog yesterday and it sent a tasty smell wafting through the air. Elvish cursing caught my ears and I turned to see Tao following Legolas nipping at him. Legolas was angry now, He ran from Tao drawing his bow.

"savop, lat'll drepa naj-ri" I called out, Tao immediately stopped. But it wasn't until everyone stared at me with horrorstruck faced did I realize what I said. Tao responded to black speech only. It slipped out in the heat of the moment. Legolas trained the arrow in his bow straight at my head.

"You speak the tounge of our enemies. You must be rid of." He prepared to fire his arrow and I wipped out my sword. He fired and I deflected it with my sword and it clattered to the ground. Legolas took out his sword and began to advance on me.

"Stop." I said "That's what I told Tao to stop doing. He only responds to that tounge." He looked intensely into my eyes like he was scanning me. He lowered his sword and walked away. I sheathed my sword and walked to the rock I slept against, avoiding eye contact with anyone. As I passed the fire I grabbed a burnt stick and sat crossed legged. Tao followed and stood protectively over me exhaling into my hair. I smiled. I was never alone with him. I began drawing a map with the charcoal on a flat rock. I knew Mordor like the back of my hand, how to get in, out, where there was fresh water and places to avoid orcs and I needed to pass this information to the fellowship, it was a dangerous road and I knew sooner or later the fellowship would leave without me. I suddenly became aware footsteps behind me. I looked around and saw Sam walking timidly up to me. He handed my a metal plate with the food he was cooking on the fire.

"Thought you might want some breakfast he mumbled. I smiled at his generosity.

"Thankyou." I replied gratefully. "Say, what do you call this?" I said gesturing to the meat on the plate. He looked confused,

"Why miss, it's bacon! Comes from pigs." I took a cautious bight. It was crispy and salty at once. Sam looked at me anxiously. "thank you, Sam, I really like this, you make a wonderful cook." Sam beamed with pride as he walked off to enjoy his own breakfast. I was deeply absorbed in my map when urgent voices snagged my attention.

"It's moving fast." Said Borimir looking at a what seemed like a cloud. As I watched it though it was moving rather fast, finally my head clicked. "It's a scout!" I yelled out. No one gave me a questioning look or a second glance. They ran to grab there stuff trying to take cover under bushes or overhangs. I found a bush to crawl under just in time for flock of cerebain passed. I watched them, they were double the size of normal bats and I knew they were looking for us. I realized then that a long promised ally for Mordor had began the search for the ring as well. Saruman had used his powers against us, but only weeks before was threatening him to. I sighed at the complexity of life. Gandalf was the first to come out of hiding. He watched the mutations probably thinking the same as me. Along the misty mountains was easiest path to Mordor, but it was being regulated. My father, would do anything to stop us.
"The southern way is being watched." Gandalf addressed us
"They will not suspect the mountain pass." I guessed.

Gandalf nodded, and looked at the menacing mountain, covered in a thick blanket of snow. I packed up my stuff putting it in my back pack. It was stupid to carry a rock with me and we were trying to pack up as fast as possible so I left it upside down and checked who else was ready. Aragorn, Gimli and the hobbits were still going. Boromir walked up to shouldering his shield. I still resented him for what he said at the council.