Lady Ebony of Dark Tower

Hi Guys, I'm still shocked that so many people are enjoying this story and when I wrote it I would of never believed it would get so many reads. I wrote as a pastime at 13 and it was my first time writing for enjoyment instead of just school. Since then I haven't stopped! I'm 15 now and I'd like to think my writing has improved.... I hope so.

There's a few patches that I've edited really well out of boredom and some that a really sloppy that I haven't got around to (tbh probably won't ever) but at least it's concluded with a half satisfactory ending and only a few gaping plot holes, horrendous copyright and a very cliché main character.

All story credits go to J.R.R Tolkien and whoever else was a part of the Peter Jackson movies. Stay safe and happy reading!
-Roozle.

I was born in cold darkness. My father named me Ebony, a name people would fear, and cower from the shadow I became. My father refused to speak of my past, before the dark servants bowed down to me, before I became an aggressive murderer, a princess, in many eyes. This a story of my life against the dark and how it changed me.

For as long as I could remember, my father, Lord Sauron told me that I was the luckiest girl alive. He told me that "The light blinds the Darkness" and it was his job to smother it. I would hear the light was the most terrible thing that could ever happen to me and whatever it was, I believed him. Yet despite having almost everything I wanted in Mordor, I was lonely. My father had been forging the great rings and starting a terrible war against the cruel enemy so I spent a lot of time on my own, it was a lonely feeling knowing that there weren't any elves like me. Orcs did not frighten me but they were rude and cruel. My father often talked to me about the Witch King, a shapeless shadow that slinked around the tower of Bara Dur. He was supposed to train me to become a warrior when I was older but I never knew how significant he would become to me.

When I wasn't much older than 24 in elven years, my father gifted me with the most loved gift I had ever received. It was a black stallion bred from the finest horses of Angmar. My father said some of the Nazgul and taken it especially for me, choosing the one with the fiercest black heart. I called him Tao, and my father enchanted him to live as long as I did so I would never be lonely. Everything changed from then on. Tao was my company and joy. I explored parts of Morder where the evil hadn't destroyed some of the natural beauty and sometimes, the sun would peek out of the darkness radiating a warmth that made me smile.

Shortly after I got Tao, the battle of the last alliance began. Elves, men, and some dwarves marched upon Mt Doom to kill my father. As they were approaching my father told me to go with the nine ringwraiths and hide, he had said
"The nine are not yet strong enough for the battle and they will escort you to a safe place." I agreed as I secretly wanted to leave Mordor to see the outside world, despite being with the Nazgul. As we were preparing to leave my father told me words that changed my soft mind, hard.

"Never let the light blind you. Out there you are a shadow, cold, constant, and feared, My servants, will bow down to you." He then gave me a black ring. "This is the last ring I forged. Two rings to rule them all, and when you return I will hope that you will be on terms with the Witch King, as he will train you to become a great warrior and eventually a ruler. He smiled without warmth as an orc horn sounded in the distance. "I must go but before I do, I want you to wear this," he pulled out a black cloak with a hood. "Wear it all times my daughter the enemy is yet to learn of your existence" and then, without turning his head away, he left. It was the last time I would see him in a long time.

We rode into the open country and after four days we reached the Misty Mountains. Sauron told the Witch King that the goblin stronghold had a safe cave for us far from the heart of goblin town. The Nazgul barely spoke as we were riding but the Witch King had seemed tense since we left. Perhaps he could sense the war. This concerned me but I said nothing. When we arrived, a goblin with a large belly and sharp teeth showed us a huge cave with 3 large chambers in it. The first was for the horses and despite the fact that horses were a delicacy to goblins, they would not risk the fury of the Nazgul. The second was for the Nazgul, it was all dark, damp, and empty but the Nazgul were satisfied. The last was the smallest with a tiny bed made of horses bones and what suspiciously looked like horsehair. The goblin said, "This is for you my lady" I nodded as it left. I put my bag down and looked down at my black ring. It seemed less powerful since we had left, perhaps it was because we were out of Mordor, but I growing thought tugged at the back of my mind, what if the war was lost and my father was destroyed... My thoughts were interrupted when Tao neighed in his stall. Poor Tao, being underground with goblins must be horrible. I was walking to the stables when the Witch King walked up to me
"Do you feel the darkness dissipating?"
"What do you know." I expected him to laugh but he answered seriously
" I cannot tell, yet my bond with the dark lord has weakened.I fear that only his physical form has been robbed from him."
"But that could only happen if he lost his ring..." My voice faltered off.