The Darkness in Pursuit

127 reads! Whoop Whoop!! This is my last update until Saturday next week because I have school camp. Whoop Whoop. - Catch the Sarcasm?  Anyways enjoy.

"Get up" I harsh voice whispered dragging me out of the comfort of sleep. I arose and looked around. The others were saddling their horses as fast as they could. Without bothering to question I did the same, making sure that once again to conceal the sword and clothes. I mounted and joined the others galloping down the road. I knew we were chasing the ring but I didn't understand how it was moving so fast without a horse. My eyes trained ahead I got a glimpse of a white stallion ahead. The vision had been real yesterday morning, I had seen this horse and the rider. It was an elf. She was cantering but when she turned her head, she urged her horse into a gallop. I heard her talk to her horse making it run faster with even more grace. Tao was grunting maybe with exhaustion maybe with anticipation. "C'mon" I whispered in his ear. Tao was the fastest and we beginning to gain on the elf who I realized had the halfing draped over the front of the saddle. I was almost close enough to reach out. But she said something in elvish and once again the horse sprung forward. We were in a pine forest now and I knew we were almost at the borders of Rivendell, the elf ducked and weaved around trees confusing many of the others but Khamul and I stood our ground maneuvering around every obstacle. I knew that the elf had crossed the borders of Rivendell when she crossed the wide river that stretched around the perimeter of the precious land. I hung back in the trees and nodded to Khamul telling him that I could not be seen with you if I was entering Rivendell. And from a distance I watched. The horses reared and screamed in terror of the river where the elf and ring bearer were safely across. I looked at the elf she was frightened I could tell but she carried the same look in her eye as the ranger. Determination. Even from where I watched it shone bright and resistant to the darkness.

"Give up the halfling she-elf" Khamul growled.

"If you want him, Come and claim him!" she challenged. To my surprise, Khamul and two others stepped forward. They began to cross the river slowly and cautiously. The elf began to chant slowly in an ancient tongue the water level rose a little but the Nazguls continued forward. A roar bought my attention to waves made of horses, they galloped down the river, and with no time at all the Nazgul and their horses were engulfed in the water.  As quickly as it came, the wave dissipated leaving no traces of the Nazgul, only lifeless bodies of their horses. I felt no sadness, their souls would return to Mordor and unlike me, they would not be punished, yet simply told to try again. I watched as elves gathered around the halfling and carried him away. I reached for my saddlebag and pulled on the dress, I placed the sword on my belt and accessorized it with my headpiece from Khumal. I had carried it with me all the way but now it was only part of my disguise. I unsaddled Tao and throw my saddle away making it appear that it had come off from a wraith's horse. I hid my bow, quiver, knife and black sword in a stump and mounted Tao. As we walked across the river I glanced at my reflection. My hair was becoming a light blond shimmering down my side. The green dress was made for riding as it hung down the sides of Tao's shoulders, the sword hung at my belt pressed gently against my thigh and the jewel from my crown shone brightly. It made me wonder where Khamul got it from. As I rode in, I was blinded by the beauty, waterfalls, balconies, flowers, bridges, trees, and mountains, everything Mordor had not. I crossed a stone bridge but was stopped by two guards. Unlike the guards from Mirkwood their armor was minimalized and well fitted.

"Please, we do not expect your arrival, my lady"

"I have come to Rivendell to answer the call from the master of the house."

"ah, you have been summoned by the lord Elrond. Please, this way." I couldn't believe my luck. I would have imagined there would be some gathering about the ring but this time I was plain lucky. I followed one of the guards through paradise until we arrived at what appeared to be the guest chambers. There was a large bed, a small table, some books, and a large bowel with fruits that I had never seen before. I realized my mouth was gaping and I quickly shut it.

"I take my leave, my lady." The guard said curtly bowing. And walked out of the Room. I decided to explore Rivendell a little further and, I had to remind myself, to look for the ring. I followed the guard but he only returned to his post. I decided to go over a stone bridge and then walk over to a large waterfall I could see in the distance. The water was tumbling down the mountainside spewing white foam through the air. I sat on a rock on the outside of the pool, the roar of the waterfall pounding in my ears. I would have never sat like this at Mordor. The only water source there was "Zi Crack" (Black pool) The clear water seemed to cleanse my thoughts. I whipped around to the sound of the footsteps behind me. I almost fell into the water in horror. There, was prince Legolas.

"My lady," he said bowing respectively. He hadn't recognized me yet despite my hair being the same color when we fought on the rooftop of Laketown. Then there, there it was. His face morphed into horror and he tore out a knife. My sword was back in my chambers and I had nothing to defend myself. I sat up rapidly ready to run but his blade was already at my neck.

"You." He said with an amount of triumph in his voice. He had obviously hated me for not only winning but fleeing before he try again. "You fought with Bolg. Why?" he asked icily. "What loyalty to you have them." My mind ran blank. There was I could say in defense. "I chose the most reliable answer. The Truth. I knew my life would end here, that my death would leave Khamul to face the wrath of my father. Or would they not care. Would they simply view me as a lost soldier? Either way, it would end here. "Speak" Legolas demanded. I took a deep breath and answered him slowly picking my words carefully.

"My name is Lady Ebony of the dark tower. I was raised by Lord Sauron and made loyal to him."

I watched as his eyes winced at the sound of my father's name. "When my father was defeated at the end of the second age I aided his return to his strength. I was trained by the nine until I could outmatch the Witch King of Angmar. I killed the last Gondorian king ensuring that there would be no return of the king by fooling him into submission. I have been tracking the ring for a long time now." I said slowly. "It traveled with the group of dwarves that you captured 60 years ago" Legolas' eyes widened in surprise. I was sent here to hunt the ring but," the words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them. "I don't think I could bring myself to do it. I feel I am not valued by those I thought cared. If I brought the ring to my father he would still see my as an elf!"

Legolas' blade was lowered a little but it hadn't left my neck.

"Kill me" I hissed, my voice becoming harder, harsher, full of hate.

"Come, mellon," said Legolas shortly. He moved his blade behind me pressing it lightly on my back. It made my skin tingle in fear or sadness I did not know. Legolas took me back to the buildings and through a labyrinth of staircases and corridors until he we arrived into a room similar to mine but much larger.

"My lord Elrond" Legolas said to a figure who had his back turned to us. Elrond turned toward us and his brow furrowed when he saw me at the mercy of Legolas. "She is a spy from Mordor come to claim the ring."

"What is your name?" he asked me. I didn't answer. "Why are you here?" I kept a straight face waiting for him to give Legolas the order to kill me. But he also had a patient look on his face.

"Please, Lord Legolas, I wish to speak with this guest." Guest? I was the enemy. Legolas bowed and left the room giving me a hateful glare as he left. "You have a good heart, say what is your name," Elrond told me.

"Lady Ebony of the dark tower" I answered, shortly. I knew as soon as I revealed my truth and past I would perish in their hands but I could not lie, now they knew too much. Elrond's expression changed from calm to surprised to horrified.

"Your relation to the dark lord?" he questioned
"I am his only daughter and heir."
"Why are you here?"
"Prince Legolas told you."
"lady Ebony, tell me everything." I narrowed my eyes at him but began to speak anyway.

Cliff Hanger, your gonna have to wait. - Sorry