Finding A Sacrifice

Iona stayed by Ivar's side. 

She listened as he made plans with his brothers. The blonde felt a sense of power as she sat by his side. It had taken her so long to finally get here with him; she wasn't going to let it slip through her fingers. 

Hvitserk watched the young woman carefully. She still had the metal clasped around her throat; Ivar had decided it would be coming off; he just hadn't found a way yet. The middle brother wished he could understand what was going on with the two of them. Ivar had always said that the blonde was trouble, that she would only ever by Bjorn's sister and nothing more. As Iona and Ivar sat beside each other, Hvitserk could tell there was much more. 

Ivar's hand landed on Little Bear's right thigh. 

Ubbe and Hvitserk both looked at his hand before looking back at his face. 

Ivar didn't blink, pretending as if nothing had happened. He didn't need to explain his actions to anyone else. 

He spoke of his plans, telling them where they would be going next. He said that the army had some time to rest and get ready, but Ivar wanted to move quickly. 

Once Ivar was finished with his brothers and dismissed them, the two were alone. 

The blonde turned her head to the brown-haired Viking. "Can we get this off?" She touched the metal around her neck as she looked at the man in front of her. "Please?"

Ivar reached inside of his tunic before pulling out something. She raised her eyebrows as she watched him get up from his seat. Ambling around and standing behind her, Ivar unlocked the metal clasp before it fell off and into her lap. 

She reached for her throat, relieved that the pressure had been taken away. Smiling as she closed her eyes, she enjoyed breathing without the heavy metal pressing on her. 

"You are so very beautiful," he told the blonde as he stood behind her still. 

His hands reached for her own hands which were on her neck. She breathed heavily for a moment, her eyes opening as she leaned back into him. "Ivar," she looked up at him as he gripped her skin. 

"There is so much to do before we attack," he told the blonde as his fingertips danced along her sensitive skin. "But we must talk first." He moved around, his hands leaving his throat before he sat in front of her. 

Raising an eyebrow, Little Bear watched him as he kept his sword by his side. "What is it you want to say?"

"If we go, you must stay safe."

She watched him, almost disbelieving what he was saying. She wondered why he was suddenly being caring when things had never been this way. 

"Do you plan on killing me, Ivar?" The young blonde asked bluntly as she stared into his ocean eyes. "I know I look like her,  I know I remind you of her."

Ivar nodded slowly. Hvitserk had obviously spoken to the woman about the things he had confided in him. Ivar did not wish to lie to Little Bear, she would only see through him anyway. For some reason, she always seemed to know. "You have her looks," he admitted to her letting her know what he felt. "I think that you are stronger than her than you'll ever know."

She did not know how to respond to Ivar's kind words. He never usually said things that were nice. 

XOXOX

Little Bear stood outside with Hvitserk, the two of them watched as people walked around as they stood with smiles on their faces and their arms crossed. They laughed and joked like old friends, as if nothing had happened. 

Her eyes diverted from him as she watched a man walking alongside a young blonde slave woman. She was a perfect beauty, her lips formed a smile that was one any woman would be envious of. Iona's eyes met hers, the slave woman had a look, a glint in her eyes which put Little Bear on edge. 

Tiliting her head, she watched as they entered the building where Ivar seemed to stay inside. "Who is she?" Iona looked up at Hvitserk who was watching the blonde carefully. 

He noticed the jealously in her eyes, the glint of green that hit them as she spoke. A smirk crossed his lips as he looked back at her. "Ivar is looking for a sacrifice," he informed her casually. He waited to see her reaction, she didn't speak but she did walk in the direction of the slave and the man. 

Hvitserk followed, he was silent in his steps but kept up with Little Bear. 

Stopping in the shadows, Iona watched as the gentleman returned leaving Ivar along with the pretty woman. 

"Slave," Ivar called out to the blonde slave in a calm tone as he looked her in the face. "You know who I am." His head nodded as he spoke calling her forwards. 

She took steps towards him, only two before stoping. "Of course." Iona listened, her voice was sickly sweet, the voice of a woman who had always used her voice to get her own way. "You are Ivar."

"Ivar?" He repeated to the slave. 

Hvitserk placed a hand on Little Bear's shoulder, she allowed it even though it made her jump a little. 

"Is that it?" Ivar asked her, Iona listened to his voice as he spoke. His accent sounded so beautiful when he was calm. She was jealous that this slave woman was the one who was on the receiving end of his beautiful words.

The slave smiled at him, "No. Ivar the Boneless."

Little Bear noticed he looked impressed by the slaves knowledge of him. "You don't seem afraid of me," he spoke, his eyebrows furrowed as he did. 

"No." The slave's voice was beginning to irritate Iona, the sweet sound which was like music. 

"We are expecting to be attacked by the Saxons. They have a large army outside of these walls. We must ask the Gods for help." Ivar told her quickly. "We must offer them a sacrifice." He leaned forward in his chair as he watched the slave woman's reaction. "Would you be willing to offer yourself as a sacrifice?"

The slave smiled as she thought before she answered. "I will do anything you ask me to do."

Iona's fists balled at her side at the brazenness of the woman in front of Ivar. 

Even from where she stood, Iona could see the curiousness on Ivar's face. She wondered what he was going to say next. 

Hvitserk's hand left Little Bear's shoulder before he moved away from her, stepping out before speaking. "Brother," he acted normal like he hadn't been watching. 

Ivar didn't look up at Hvitserk, his eyes were firmly on the blonde. 

"You are a very special person, nobody here is like you. You are destined for great things," the slave told Ivar as she kept his attention. 

Little Bear came out of the shadows, walking towards Hvitserk but her eyes were on Ivar. She'd heard enough from the slave. 

He looked up at the blonde who he'd grown fond of in a strange way. He didn't speak before he looked back at the slave. "You are free to go," Ivar told the slave. "You are a free woman now, leave."

Iona watched Ivar, he didn't stop watching the pretty blonde who he'd freed. Ivar watched her walk away, his eyes on her until she was out of sight. Little Bear's eyes were narrowed as the red colour flashed rapidly indicating her anger at the situation. She had never thought she would feel any kind of feelings for any man other than her brother, things had changed.