Poison in the Veins

She looked down at his hands, her eyes moving quickly back to his eyes. 

He smirked as he looked into her ever-changing eyes, "You're scared." Those two little words made her stand dead still as she looked at him. She knew her eyes were giving her away. 

Little Bear was scared, scared for several different reasons. 

Ivar's fingers danced over her hips again, she didn't stop him though, she liked the feel of his hands on her. The touch was gentle like she was glass and she didn't want him to stop, not really, no matter what she said to him. 

"Please," she looked up into his bright eyes. "This, you, please stop, Ivar."

He retracted his hand as he waited for her to speak again. She did not push him too much, she knew how vulnerable he could be, how easy his temper flared up. She didn't want this moment to end but she knew it was wrong, wrong right now. Something did not feel right like they were being watched. 

For a moment the physical contact with Iona felt right for Ivar. She didn't reach out to stop him but she wasn't happy with it. He wanted to continue touching her, he wanted to touch her in other places, he craved her, she was intoxicating, like a powerful drug. 

"I can walk," Iona was stubborn as she stepped off the chariot. She didn't want to deal with any awkward conversation as she could see this was going to go nowhere else. 

Ivar looked at her as she stood on the ground, her eyes returned to a shimmering blue as she took a deep breath. Her words cut him deep, he was right, she was powerful, less like a drug more like a witch. "Very well," he sneered at her before he snapped his reins on the horse then disappeared into the night. 

Standing alone, Iona looked around, her eyes staring at the way he had gone for a moment before he disappeared into the trees. She felt a calming presence as she sat down on the ground for a second. Something was calling to her, she looked up at the skies as she laid on the earth, below her it was cool but it wasn't something she particularly minded. 

"Why do you continue to test me?" She asked the Gods as she reached for the necklace that she had acquired. Pulling it off herself, she stared up at it as she admired it. 

Above her, in the sky, there was a clap of thunder as if to answer her. 

Shaking her head, she sighed. "Please guide me, show me the right things to do." She wanted to know what the future held for her, she did not know what it had in store for her. She also didn't want to live her life in that way though.

"Princess," she heard a voice. 

Sitting up, she found herself staring at a man she did not recognise. "Who are you?" She asked buying time as she reached into her furs for her axe only to realise she had left it behind. 

"I'm the one you are here to kill," he told her with a smirk before two of his men hoisted her to her feet. 

She looked around quickly for a way out of this but as she began to fight she was dragged to the ground, her hands and feet bound before being placed in front of the King again. When he had told her he was here to be killed she knew he was King Aethwulf. 

His hand touched her face, his touch was nothing like she had just experienced, it was rough and calloused. "You are just as I imagined," he looked at her porcelain skin, his fingers stroking the side of her face. "Beautiful like your mother."

"You know nothing of my mother," the young blonde stood up to him as she stared at him. 

The King laughed, "And that attitude is from her too. We must return home," he spoke before she was lifted onto the back of the horse.