How It Looks

The only thing that filled the veins of Little Bear was rage. She looked at Ubbe; her eyes were wide. "This is not right," she tried to reason with him once more, but it was no use. Ubbe took a moment to demand to see the Princes. 

Hvitserk looked over at the young blonde; he shook his head at her before looking forward again. 

Dismounting their horses, Ubbe and Hvitserk walked forward into the Saxon camp with their two guards following. Iona watched from her horse before taking a deep breath. She knew this would only cause problems, turning to leave on her horse, she heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed. She stopped and turned her head to look back at the guards who had been on watch; they stared at her with their swords out for her to see. 

"Come, Little Bear." Hvitserk nodded at her after speaking. 

Against her better judgement, she climbed down from her horse and followed. 

After leaving their horses together, the young female followed the brothers as they headed towards the tent where the Prince's were. She stayed between them; her nerves were shot, things had changed for her. 

When they entered, she looked up at the Princes who sat together at the table. To the left of them sat the warrior who had captivated her and Ivar's attention. All three of them stared at her like she didn't belong. Maybe they knew what she had done. She hoped the Prince's didn't know she was the one who killed their father. 

Ubbe was the one who spoke, asking for the land that his father was promised. 

The blonde kept her eyes on the Christian warrior. She had an urge to know more about him, like there was a connection between the two fo them. Iona needed him punished for holding her in that church. She wanted to know why, why he'd taken her there in the first place. There was so many burning questions about this man, one that stuck with her, who was he?

She didn't hear much of the actual words exchanged, only the basics. 

This man had her attention. There was something about the way he moved almost too quickly to attack before he was halted by the young long haired Prince. The man's stare was intense as he looked at Ubbe. She wondered what he was thinking. 

Keeping quiet, she kept her head up even though she disagreed with being here.

Ubbe was told they would decide by the morning. 

The three of them were escorted to a separate tent for the night. When they were alone, Little Bear could let her true feelings out. 

"Something doesn't feel right," she said as she looked around rapidly. "This is wrong, Ubbe."

"Ragnar was not your father," Ubbe reminded the woman who sat between the two brothers. "You should have never come here."

She turned her head to face him. "You are right," Little Bear agreed with him as she shook her head. "Ragnar was not my father but do you think this is what he would have wanted. Do you think this is what Ivar would want?"

"Ivar does not have a say in what happens," Ubbe snapped at her as he made eye contact with her. "Do not forget your place, child."

Iona hated the feelings that filled her. There were many feelings inside of her; the one that bubbled on the surface was rage. "You will get us all killed, Ubbe!" Her voice rose as she let her words spill from her mouth. 

Before there was a chance for him to reply, outside their tent was the sounds of swords clashing then men groaning in pain. Closing her eyes for the briefest moment in time, Little Bear knew exactly what had happened out there. 

She opened her eyes, whipping them towards the door as the curtains were pulled back and Saxon guards rushed into the rooms. The brothers reached for their weapons but were halted by swords against their throats. The blonde sat between them calmly. She was not afraid, she did not flinch nor reach for her axe as a sword's blade was placed against her own throat. 

The two brothers either side of her held their heads up as the knife's edge touched their skin. 

All three looked towards the door as the tall Christian warrior burst through the gap and into the tent. His eyes were full of something, something unreadable to the blonde. He was slow in his movements as he sauntered towards Ubbe, his eyes on the eldest as he knelt down and picked up a knife from the floor. Little Bear watched him closely as he looked towards Hvitserk then the blonde. Then, as quick as a flash, the Chrsitian swung his arm back before striking Ubbe in the face with the handle of the knife. 

Hvitserk sat with the knife at his throat but flinched as his brother's head fell onto the lap of the young woman. Ubbe didn't let it get him down, he sat back up only to receive another blow falling down onto the ground. 

Iona's nose twitched as she watched. As she opened her mouth to speak, Hvitserk kicked her silencing her even though he didn't like watching his own brother in pain. 

The Christian turned and left the tent. The guards took a second before grabbing hold of all three of them and dragging them from the tent and into the darkness. Hvitserk held Ubbe and the two of them remained close to each other as Iona looked back at the guards, her eyes looking towards the Christian warrior. 

The Saxon guards stared at the three of them yet the young woman didn't notice as her and the Christian man stared at each other. Neither of their expressions changed from the frowns they held on their faces. 

Little Bear was pissed off that he dared to touch her friend. She went to step through the guards but was held back. "No," the Christian man said as he looked at the scene before him. "Let her through."

Standing back from the blonde, the guards watched as she brushed herself off before walking towards him. 

Hvitserk grabebd her hand and tried to pull her back. "We have to go," he tried to tell her but she was not listening. 

Her eyes were narrowed and her mind was set on this intriguing man. Shaking from Hvitserk's grip, she headed to him, standing in front of him. There was no fear in her, something about this man made her feel almost... at home. She hated the feeling inside of her as she looked at him. 

"One day, I promise you will pay for what happened here today." Her voice was strong as she spoke. 

The man looked down on her as she watched him. "Return home, heathen. One day you might not have that luxury."

She tilted her head as she smirked. "I'm going to be watching you." She turned on her heel before following the two brothers as they started the journey home in the darkness.