Welcome to Kattegat

Bjorn would always have a special place for his half-sister, although they had spent less time together over the years, he didn't feel any different towards her. Iona, on the other hand, was less sure about her brother, with him being absent over the years she knew little about him any more. Then again, he really knew little of her. 

Lagertha had told her son of the young girl's skills, Bjorn highly doubted that she was as good as his mother made out. The blonde hair of the girl made her look so innocent, the large blade the girl carried over her shoulder made her seem a little intimidating but ridiculous at the same time. He didn't say anything though, he didn't want to upset her, he didn't want to make her feel like this was a mistake, after all, she didn't have anywhere else to go. 

Their arrival at Kattegat was strange for Iona. She watched everything through hooded eyes. She didn't know how to feel in regards to all these strangers that seemed to surround her. 

Bjorn was welcomed with open arms. Iona watched in, a little jealousy in her eyes, especially when a woman greeted her brother as if she was his mother. She seemed like she had all the time in the world for the skilled warrior. 

"This is Aslaug," Bjorn smiled as he introduced the woman to his younger sister. 

Iona watched the woman carefully. She was beautiful, not like her own mother. As she smiled at the woman she listened as her brother told Aslaug things about herself. "This is Iona," Bjorn told the woman his sister's real name, a name she didn't use very often. "Our mother has gone away for a while, she'll be staying here."

Aslaug looked the young girl up and down, she wasn't sure how she felt about the teenage girl arriving. Iona was alluring like her mother and Aslaug was worried about how that would affect her sons. 

"Aslaug is Ragnar's wife," Bjorn informed his sister as he put an arm around her hoping to make her feel a little more welcome in this foreign place. 

Iona watched as Aslaug grinned at her. Iona didn't know how exactly to behave around new people that she wasn't going to kill. Awkwardly she nodded at the long-haired woman, "I've heard so much about you." When the words left her lips she didn't mean for them to sound as venomous as they did and she didn't think she was the only one know noticed. 

"Let me introduce you to my brothers," Bjorn tried to move the situation on as he smiled at Aslaug. "Where are they?"

Aslaug waved her hand in the direction she wished for Bjorn to go. Her eyes met Iona's before she spoke, "I shall see you at dinner, Iona."

"Little Bear," Iona corrected the woman sharply. "My name is Little Bear."

The older woman raised an eyebrow before she smiled, "Little Bear."

Bjorn steered his sister away from the dirty blonde woman, as soon as they were out of earshot he let out a sigh. "She's going to be letting you stay here," he reminded the young girl. "Do not show any hostility towards Aslaug, she can send you away at any time."

Iona looked up at her brother, "She is the mother to Ragnar's sons?" 

"Yes, you know this," he told his sister as he shook his head. 

"She's not what I expected," Iona admitted slowly as she followed her brother. 

They entered a hut, Bjorn going in first. "Brothers," she heard him speak before he stepped the to side allowing Iona to see who he was speaking to. 

Of course, she knew Bjorn had four brothers, her eyes landed on three though, it seemed one was missing. She stared between each of them, all looked similar but so different at the same time. 

"Who is this girl you bring with you?" Iona's eyes moved as she spotted who was speaking. A young lad, long dirty blonde locks like his mother but with a softer face than her. 

Bjorn looked at Iona before he turned back to his brothers, "This is my sister, Little Bear."

"She looks like a child," the cold words were directed at her as she looked at the owner of the voice. Sitting on a chair by the fire was a brown-haired young man. As she stared at him she noticed how intense his stare was, her eyes not able to move away from the bright blue captivating gaze of the man,

"Ivar," Bjorn spoke from beside his sister. "That is Ivar."

Iona smirked to herself, she had a name to the face she wanted to rip off. It didn't take much to annoy the unstable teenage girl, her emotions and attitude were not mature even for her to handle yet. She noticed that he was staring at her too, Ivar that was. 

After a moment of silence, she dragged her eyes away from him and looked at her brother. 

Bjorn nodded, "This is Hvitserk." He motioned the to one who spoke when she first entered the room. "And Ubbe, the oldest of Aslaug's son's."

She looked at the one who had not spoken yet, he was watching on, his eyes moving rapidly. She smiled at her, he returned the gesture before he looked at Bjorn. "Sigurd is at the river," he informed him. Iona noticed the authority in his voice as he spoke. 

"Where is she staying?" Hvitserk asked his brother almost like Iona wasn't there. 

Bjorn shrugged his shoulders, "I cannot let her stay with me. There is no room."

Ubbe got to his feet, he walked towards the young girl eyeing her. "If our mother does not have a room for her, there is somewhere she can stay."

Iona watched him carefully as he stood in front of the short girl, his height obvious as he looked down at her. "I'm sure I can find somewhere," she spoke confidently. She was used to having to do things for herself, her mother was great at being there for her but she's also made the young blonde self-sufficient which would help her in the long run. 

"I see the family resemblance," Ubbe remarked as he looked closely at the newcomer. "You look exactly like your mother."

"Funny that, considering I am her daughter." Iona wasn't in the mood for being polite right now, her patience had been tested over and over. "You don't seem to look like your mother though," she quipped as she flashed her eyebrows at him. 

"Brother," Hvitserk spoke from the chair he sat on. "She's only a child."

Iona's nose and right eye twitched at the words, she was not only a child and she knew it. 

Bjorn sensed the change in his sister, taking her arm before she could move, her reactions a little slower in his presence. "Let us find Sigurd."