Memories

Around the young blonde, everyone else seemed to disappear, then it was just herself, Ivar and Heahmund. She shook as she turned around and saw her father, he saw her only too. The nerves shot through her body as her thoughts went to some of the worst and some of the best. 

She struggled to breathe, something was obstructing the way her mouth opened and allowed her to breathe. When she opened her eyes, there he was on top of her, his hand covering her mouth. The pain seered through her body as she struggled to comprehend what was happening. Her limbs were heavy and her brain was scattered but she could feel the harsh feeling of his heavy thrusts and body pinning hers. She needed to do something, to scream, to get him off like she had last time but this time it was different. She'd allowed herself to become intoxicated leaving herself open for such events. Tears stung at her eyes as she lifted her arms, the feeling in her body was too much as she tried to push him away but it only had him more invested in the blonde. Everything stopped, there was no escape for her and it was becoming more obvious to Little Bear that she'd had no saviour tonight. 

He disappeared from her mind, the sinking feeling going before there appeared Ivar. His striking blue eyes pushing into her mind, invading her every thought and desire. "Iona," his voice penetrated her ears. It was a whisper but she knew it was him, she saw his lips move. She felt the heat in her body. Then it was like she was dragged back, there he sat upon a chair, his eyes on her as she stared back. A smirk sat on his lips before he spoke, "Come closer." She found herself walking towards him, her paces small and quick as she stared into his mesmerizing eyes. His hand reached for her face, stroking her soft cold skin as he drew her in. "Do you want to stay here?" He asked her calmly, his voice was one laced with concern. Her voice didn't work, her memories scattered and broken. 

Iona's hand held her weapon tightly. She rushed at the man before her, swinging her arm back for a bigger impact. Heahmund defended with a swing of his sword, fighting back against her. The two sparred for what felt like a lifetime to Little Bear. She took her chances, she had to. Death was only millimeters away for everyone on this battlefield. 

"I might die today," Iona told Ivar as she stared at him. Her memories rushed back to her from earlier in the day. "If I never see you again in this life, I might see you in Valhalla." She smiled as she looked up at him, her faces cupped his face. "I might not see you again." The words were hard for her to say, words that made her scared. "I love you, Ivar."

"You finally know the truth," Heahmund's voice was shaking as he knocked her sword to the ground. "I do not want to hurt you." He stood in front of her, his sword tip on the underside of her jaw as he stared into the dark eyes of the female before him. There was much he wanted to learn about the young woman who had been revealed to be his daughter. "I do not want to kill you."

Her breathes were heavy and deep as she looked at this man. There were little things that resembled the man before her. She hated the thoughts that clouded her mind. If this was true, if he was her father, she knew there was no return. If he lived, she could not. "You know nothing of me," she shot at him. She did not fight the cold metal on her skin. Blocking out the chaos she heard yelling, she could feel the thunder of footsteps below her feet. 

"As do I with you," Ivar spoke as he looked down at the blonde. He could see Lagertha in her, everything about her reminded him. He closed his eyes as his mother came to his mind, he hated thinking about how she was alone when she died, that no one helped her. Opening his eyes, he was face to face with Little Bear, the daughter of the woman he wanted to kill. "I will see you again on this day, Iona."  His use of her name was something he did on purpose and it seemed only he could get away with it. "You do not need to fight for me," he tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "You only need to be with me."

When the rush of men ran through, there was a break between Little Bear and Heahmund. She watched as he ran with the crowd following in his and various directions. Falling to the ground, Iona breathed in deeply, taking in air and praying to the Gods, thanking them for sparing her life once again. Life was precious and she was not going to let that run away from her.

She looked up, her eyes scanning the area, smiling as a blood covered Hvitserk approached her and offered her a hand. Reaching for her sword, she pulled it close before using the help from the man before her. "I am thankful to see you," she spoke as she pulled him close and hugged him. "You are not hurt?"

"I am not," Hvitserk looked the young blonde up and down. "You? Are you hurt, Little Bear?" He asked many questions. "What happened here? You never normally lose your weapon. Are you okay?"

Her nose twitched as she stared at him, "Everything is fine, Hvitserk. Please do not worry about me. I just want to get back to Ivar." Her voice quiet as she said it. He was all she needed right now, she wanted to be by his side. 

The blonde was overjoyed when she finally came face to face with Ivar again. Even in her tired state, she ran to him, her arms wrapping around his neck as she breathed him in. His scent filled her nose, there was no words to describe what it was, how it smelt, but it was home. He made her feel safe, like there was no where else she would rather be. 

"You return to me," he spoke in her ear as she kept a tight grip on him. "Today was not the day you were meant to die, you and I, our paths are entwined." 

"Fate is a funny thing, Ivar." She spoke as she stepped back, she allowed him air and a moment to catch his breath. "It can change in an instant. I like to believe that it is not fate that had brought and kept us together."

Ivar wiped some blood from her face as he looked her over, "Then who decides?"

"We do."