Always

Hvitserk stayed with the young blonde through the night before he returned to Ivar. 

When she was alone, she couldn't help but think about the things she wanted. Iona didn't want to die with regrets; it was too real for her. Running her hands through her long blonde hair, she tried to get rid of the knots. Her fingers worked hard, braiding her hair close to her head as she stared into space. 

Her life was precious. She wondered if she had taken everything for granted, had it all been a game? There were only a few things in her life that made her appreciate the fact she was living. Aslaug's death was something that would haunt her forever. Sigurd's death was something that brought her pleasure, something that made her feel like life was worth it again. And Ivar, he made her feel all sorts of things. 

Little Bear got up from the bed, changing into fresh clothes before walking towards the door. Her hands were shaking as she pulled it open. She had to hold her hand up for a moment, blocking the sun from penetrating her vision as she looked around. Walking out, her eyelids were hooded as she made her way through the streets. It wasn't long before she found herself entering the building where Ivar had been staying. 

She walked throughout the building, her footsteps quiet as she roamed the corridor. She missed just being here, just being herself. 

Standing outside of the throne room, she listened as Ivar and Hvitserk talked. She could hear people in there with them bustling around. Then she heard laughing. She put her hand against the door; she thought about opening it before it was wrenched open. 

Stepping back, Hvitserk came out of the room and looked at her. "What are you doing?" He asked her as the door closed behind him. "You should still be in bed."

Iona moved away from him as she shook her head. "I cannot stay there any longer." She looked up at him with a grin, "What are you doing?"

Hvitserk let out a sigh; she could see he was wound up even though he was still acting caring towards her. She wondered what had been said in the room, what Ivar had said to him. "Remain unseen," he warned her before he walked away, leaving her a little puzzled. 

Leaning against the wall, Iona bit her lip as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

XOXOX

Little Bear hid amoung the trees as she watched the wind moving the leaves on the trees. Pulling out a bow, she slowly drew it back against the arrow as she breathed in. Her focus was on the badger that seemed to be foraging as the sun set. Taking a moment, she let the arrow go before it hit the right eye of the badger. She stepped out, walking towards it before using a small knife and putting the animal out of it's misery. Wiping her bloody fingers on her clothes, she groaned as she looked down at the smears she had left. The weapons and clothes she had were not hers, all belonged to Hvitserk. She had taken them before she had left the settlement, hoping to spend some time finding herself again. Pulling the pouch she'd be carrying, she flicked it open before lifting the drink container to her lips. 

"Iona?" 

The voice scared her, she dropped the container and the liquid fell out as she stared at the man who watched her. Her eyes were wide as she kept silent. Tilting her head to the side, she wondered how he knew her name, and why he thought it was acceptable to use it? 

"Ivar requests your presence."

She looked the man up and down, of course she recognised him. He was one of Ivar's guards, someone he'd asked to stay by his side in case he required any assistance. Taking a deep breath, she wiped the knife clear on her top forgetting her earlier worries before she crouched down to pick up the container. "Lead the way."

The man turned and started to walk. 

Iona put the bow over her shoulder along with the empty container. She followed the man, staying a few paces behind him. Her footsteps were light, something she had trained herself to do over time, she noticed how loud the man's feet were when they hit the ground. The twigs and leaves below his feet snapped and made alot of noise which made her think about how she hadn't heard him approaching before. 

Her fingers gripped the edges of the vest type top she wore over the thin grey top. She needed to concentrate her mind and hands on something. Her hands were clammy and her mind began to question what Ivar could possibly have to say to her. 

When they arrived at the room where Iona would see Ivar, the man ushered her into the room before closing the door behind her. Looking around, her eyes landed on Ivar who sat on his new throne. Little Bear had noted that there was no one else in the room, for now it was just the two of them. 

"Come closer," he said calmly. 

She steadied her breathing as she took a few steps further into the room. Her eyes moved quickly as she took in a few keys. By his side was his new crutch which aided his walking, on the table was his axe along with his war picks and a small dagger. Returning her gaze to his, she wasn't surprised to see a small smirk upon his lips, almost like he knew what she was thinking. 

Little Bear wiped her clammy hands on the back of her trousers subtly before crossed her arms over her chest. She was very aware of where her weapons were, her knife tucked into the vest inner pocket and the bow over her shoulder. 

"You should have not jumped ship," Ivar told the young blonde. "It was a mistake."

He waited to see what she said. Silence filling the room. 

She licked her top lip as she looked at him. "Why do you say that?" 

Ivar watched her through his bright eyes, he expected something else from her. He had hoped she would beg or decide to leave. Instead she seemed to take his words too easily. 

Uncrossing her arms, she walked closer to him. It was only a few steps before they were face to face. Placing her hands on the arms of the chair he sat on, she leaned close to him. Neither of them backing away as Iona leaned close enough that their noses were touching. 

"I don't make mistakes," she warned him. "I make choices. I choose to jump. Everything I do is a choice." Staring into his blue eyes, being so close made her mind jump to her moment under the water. 

Ivar wondered why she made the choice to return after everything. "Your next choice is simple, Iona." He spoke in a quiet voice as they kept eye contact. "Fight for me, or against me."

Her eyes flickered to Ivar's lips then back to his eyes. Being this close to him made her impulsive, made her feel like she could do anything. She decided to take her chance, to do something spontaneous. 

Tilting her head slightly, she brushed her lips against his. They barely touched, enough to make her want more though. There was so much excitement rushing through her veins, it felt like power cursing through her body. 

The youngest Ragnarsson reached up, his right hand gently brushed against her face. She made him feel almost weak but mighty at the same time. She had so much power of him, he didn't know if she knew it but he didn't want her to know that he knew. 

He pulled her against him by his left hand on her hip. By pulling her closer, it brought their lips together. Iona felt the sparks of pleasure rush through her and shivers that ran down her spine as he ran his fingers over her back, slowly. It felt like it had been so long since she kissed him, this felt almost like the first time all over again. 

She wasn't one to waste an opportunity especially if she got to close to Ivar. Her fingers touched his hair, his skin, his body as she stayed close to him. Everything she could smell and taste was Ivar and that's how she wanted it to stay.