Figured It Out

The morning brought a new thing for everyone to think about. Today was the day Sigurd's body was burned to be with his soul. Hvitserk woke Iona early, he wanted to make sure she was okay. "I am fine," she assured him letting her voice snap as she thought about all the things Sigurd had put her through.

"I know you two had your problems-"

"Do not defend his actions," Little Bear did not appreciate the words that Hvitserk used to describe how Sigurd and she had been before his death. "Sigurd-"

The door opened shutting her lips quickly as she looked up at her brother, Bjorn. "Sister, are you ready?" He asked her as he walked towards her.

She sat on the bed, "I am."

Bjorn looked her up and down, "You cannot wear that today. You should wear a dress," he informed her. "You two were very good friends. You are one of the only women that was left in his life. Do right by him."

Iona stared up at him with a straight face, she did not know what to tell him. She did not want to tar his memories of Sigurd with her own tainted memories. They were brothers, she was only the sister of Bjorn in her eyes.

Bjorn turned to the cupboard, opening the doors where he looked at the dresses that had been left behind by the villagers. "This one should do," he pulled out a long black dress which he handed to his sister. "I think Sigurd would like it."

As she took the dress, Hvitserk spoke, "Just wear it for today."

Bjorn put his arm around Hvitserk before they left the room together.

Little Bear got to her feet, she threw the dress on the bed as she stared down at it. She hated how even with Sigurd gone, she still felt very small, she felt bound by what he had done. Stripping out of her armour, tunic and leather pants, she pulled the dress over her body. The dress was a good fit on her, all the women seeming to be slim and petite like herself. The skirt was long, covering her feet, the top part covered her shoulders but showed a small amount of cleavage, the arms covered in heavy black lace.

Running her fingers through her hair, she sat back on the bed as she pulled her boots on before getting back to her feet. She looked around the room, pulling out a small box that was hidden in the cupboard. When she opened it, her eyes lit up at the jewels that showed themselves to her. Reaching into the box, she pulled out a simple gold necklace before placing the box on the bed next to her clothes. Clipping it around her neck, she felt it with her fingers as she wondered how she looked.

Picking up her small knife, she held it in her right hand before leaving the room. Walking along the corridor, she stopped outside of the throne room where she could see Ivar sitting on the chair.

Iona looked Ivar up and down, his hair was perfectly braided against his head. There were so many blonde-haired people around her that she loved looking at his brown hair. She always noticed the way his eyes twinkled in the lights and today was no exception. He was wearing his usual armour, his crutch laying on the floor by the chair and his axe by the side of it. Biting her bottom lip, she took a deep breath before she realised he was not alone.

Sitting in the chair next to him was Floki, a smile on his face as he noticed the blonde in the doorway. He put his hand on Ivar's right arm who turned and looked at Iona.

"You may enter," Ivar told her as if he was ruling this town already.

Floki got up from his chair, walking towards the door as Iona entered. He gave her a wink before he left the room closing the door behind them.

"Where did you get that dress?" He asked her bluntly as she stood in front of him with her hands together in front of her.

She felt very self-conscious in it, maybe it really did not look good at all. "Bjorn suggested I wear it for today," she informed him as she stared into his intense eyes.

Ivar stared at her, the dress clung to her every curve, he looked at the skin she had on show, it was almost perfect on her. The only thing that made it less was the occasion.

"Come closer," he spoke as he watched her.

Little Bear took a few steps towards him, her hands held together still as she stood with their toes almost touching. "Are you after a repeat of yesterday?" She asked him as he smirked at her.

"I cannot bear to touch you again," he hated the words that left his lips but he knew it was for the best. "Your mother killed mine," he took a deep breath. "You are lucky I don't kill you."

She raised her eyebrows as she tilted her head to the right, her blue eyes flashed red as she kept her eyes on him. She appeared calm as she looked at him but inside, she was raging. He had let her kiss him, he had kissed her back, and for what? She had tried to prove to him that she was loyal to his mother. Little Bear never wanted his mother to die, there were many other things that could have been done in the situation but her mother had chosen to take it to the next level.

Raising his right hand, his fingers were mere millimetres from the fabric that covered her legs. She noticed the way he watched her, the passion and fire behind his eyes, the way his eyes burned with desire. Taking a step back from him, leaving the man wanting more, Iona smirked. "Kill me, don't kill me," the blonde taunted as she stared into his eyes. He watched as her eyes narrowed and the beautiful sky colour that was usually shined was now a bright red. Leaning forward, she put her hands on the arms of the throne chair closing the gap between them, his breath was hot as she felt it on his lips. "I'm not scared of you, Ivar."

His eyes flickered to her lips then back to her eyes before she took her hands off the chair before leaving the room. She smiled to herself as she heard the screams from him, it was her name and from the sound of his voice, he was not going to let this go any time soon.