Two of a Kind

Little Bear was with Ivar who was watching from a tower as the Saxon's made their way into our new territory. She stood between Hvitserk and Ubbe who were awaiting their orders.

Her eyes looked around as she moved towards the window. 

"That's them," Ivar said as he looked on. 

"Who?" Hvitserk asked as he looked at the two men standing tall on a wall. 

Ivar smirked to himself, "Aethelwulf's sons. Like lambs to the slaughter."

"Hvitserk," Ubbe spoke with control in his voice. "Let's go."

The two brothers left leaving Little Bear with Ivar. She looked at him before she turned to follow the others. "Where are you going?" He asked her as he took his eyes off the window for a brief moment. 

"To help," she said in a mysterious voice before she left him there alone. 

Iona headed out to the streets. She followed the sounds of people's screams. It was like a sweet music to her ears. Catching up with Hvitserk, she fought almost side by side with him. To other women there might be a moment of clarity when the blood of enemies hits their faces but not with her. The taste of Christian blood was all the more sweeter as she licked her lips. 

Her eyes flickered around trying to take in all her surroundings, trying to make sure she didn't miss a thing. She didn't faulter as she threw her sword around in a wild manner, shedding blood of the men that came at her. 

She saw one of the Princes, her eyes dancing as she made her way towards him. She was thrown back before she could get to him, her shield blocking the sword that came at her before the Prince was moved away by his men. 

Her nose twitched as she pushed herself up from the ground, the Saxons all went off in the same direction. 

She took herself down a short cut and through a home, she came out into an open courtyard. There her eyes were greeted with the sight of Ivar riding his chariot. She wondered what he was going here, he wasn't going to come down, at least not this early. 

As quick as she saw him, she watched as a Saxon hit him with the of a wooden spear straight in the chest. For a second, everything stopped, there was no sound as she looked at him. Ivar fell off backwards, his helmet leaving his head and for a moment, Iona was afraid he was dead. He didn't move, as she stepped forward the man loomed over Ivar only for him to spring to life. Using his war picks, Ivar jabbed the man in the leg before pulling him to the ground. 

Little Bear stood in the door way as she stared at the destruction Ivar caused to the man's face. Stabbing him over and over again with the war pick, covering his whole face in the man's blood, the whole time he screamed angrily, as if he needed someone to take out all his anger out. Little Bear felt her heart beat rapidly as she stood with a wicked smirk on her face. Her insides turned and twisted as she felt joyous at what she was seeing. If at that moment, the world stopped and it was just the two of them, she would feel nothing but happiness. Biting her lip, she took a deep breath as Ivar looked up, their eyes meeting for a tenth of a second, the time was so short she wasn't even sure they had even looked at each other. 

Taking the small step back, she felt a pull as if it was meant to happen. 

Ivar pulled himself towards the nearby broken chariot. Being a cripple meant he was quick at getting to where he needed to be and given the crowd of Saxon's that appeared in front of him, it wasn't a second too late. He sat in front of it, his legs outstretched and a cruel smirk upon his lips. 

The Saxon army stopped in front of him, a good few feet between Ivar and them. There was silence as the rain continued to pour on them all. Ivar laughed and shouted wildly at the poor fools that stood in front of him. From a brave Saxon, came an arrow which landed in the chariot above his arm, Ivar looked at the arrow before throwing his war pick at the offender. 

Little Bear smirked as she listened to his words that he shouted out to the people before him.

"Don't you know who I am?" Ivar slapped his free hand against his chest as he shouted. The blood on his face made him all the more menacing and frightening, even the rain didn't help shift it. "You can't kill me! Don't you know who I am?" From where she stood, Iona could feel the anger radiating off him. "I am Ivar the Boneless! I am Ivar the Boneless! You can't kill me!" He spat at the Saxon's before him. "I am Ivar the Boneless!"

As he spoke more, Iona heard thundering footsteps, she peeked and saw Ubbe with half of the army. A few seconds passed before the signal was given. Everyone rushed in to fight, they thought around Ivar, who watched on shouting words and screaming. 

As Little Bear joined in, her eyes landed on the man who had kidnapped her and taken her to the church. He was a warrior for the Saxon's, a tall intimidating warrior. She noticed he thought with ease against the skilled army. 

She wanted to attack him, but she found herself caught up in her own fights with Saxon's. Holding her own, she used an axe in one hand, a sword in the other. She was not going to die today, she knew she had much more to live for. 

Taking out Saxon after Saxon she suddenly heard her kidnapper shouting instructions before the Saxon's started to leave, quickly going following the words of this man. 

Little Bear stood straight, her eyes flickering towards the warrior on the horse. He was obviously a man of God, of his God, or he would not have taken her to a church. Pushing her hair from her face, she wondered about this man. Something about him drew her in. When she looked at Ivar, she wondered what he was thinking, there was something obviously in his head. She knew that Ivar could feel it too, Ivar was being drawn in by this man.