Together As One

Little Bear didn't clean up before she went to find Ivar. She needed to see him; it couldn't wait. Looking in various rooms, it took a while before she found him. Ivar was removing his armour as Iona burst through the door. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked her as she stood in the doorway. 

She looked down at his exposed skin, her eyes raking over the muscles that he had. "I had to see you," her voice was rushed as she closed the door behind herself, so it was just the two of them. 

Ivar looked annoyed as she walked towards him. "Iona," he warned her as she stood in front of his bloody form. 

Biting her bottom lip, she watched him. "Ivar," the way his voice rolled off her tongue made him looked up at her with wide eyes. She reached forward, her hands on his bare chest which made him jump back a little as they looked into each other's eyes. "I want you."

He put his hands on her hips as she climbed onto his lap. "I cannot," he told her, trying to save both their faces. He knew the truth about himself; he knew she knew after Sigurd spoke aloud of his problems. He didn't want to say it out loud; he didn't want to admit it to her. "Iona," he tried to get her attention, but she moved her hands down his skin. "Stop."

Her hands rested on the waistband on the trousers he wore. "Look at me, Ivar," she demanded as she looked into his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes shone in the candlelight of the room. As they stared at each other, her hands moved down, slipping into his trousers. Her lips curled up at the sides as she heard the heavy breath leave his lips. She felt him grown in her hands as she skillfully moved her hands as they kept eye contact. 

She watched as he closed his eyes; his breathing remained heavy as he allowed her to continue. Seeing him be weak around her made her feel even more powerful. She knew she would follow him no matter what he said; anything he wanted, she would give him. The things she'd heard about him all flew out of her mind as she continued with her stroking. 

Letting go, she climbed off of him before standing over him. "Why did you...?" He looked at her confused before she reached for his trousers, shimming them down. He didn't stop her; usually, he wouldn't let anyone near his legs, but for some reason, he felt something was different about her. He never thought he would trust her like this, but at this moment in time, she had his heart in her hands. 

"Don't you want to?" She asked him as she looked down before making eye contact with him again. No matter what happened, she would never want to do something he didn't want her to; she knew how that felt. 

Ivar pulled on his top, his fingers holding her close to him before he kissed her lips. Their kisses were rushed, passionate and needy. This gave her the permission she needed to seal the relationship between them. Together they managed to get her out of the armoured trousers she wore before climbing back on top of him. Lowering herself onto him, she took a deep breath as she felt him fill her. A sharp breath left Ivar's lips before he gripped her hair, pulling her head back a little so they could watch each other. Their eyes remained on each other; she moved her hips skillfully as they both breathed heavily. 

She loved how he looked at her like he would never hurt her like there was no one else in their lives. Iona wished this moment would last forever, that once this was over, they would always be happy, but she knew better. Still, Little Bear could hope.

XOXOX

The army had to rest to get their strength back. Little Bear spent her time with Ivar. She helped him with his leg wound from an arrow, but it wasn't much to tend to. The two of them did not speak much; there was not much to say. She was weak and needed rest too, but she felt that her place was here helping Ivar. Several days passed, this night though she had to tend to herself once Ivar was asleep.

Once he slept as the night feel once again, she crept away. 

She headed to the nearby river by horse. Stripping down, she then got into the water. Closing her own eyes, she relaxed for a moment as she felt the water cleansing more than her body. 

In the distance, she heard a noise like she wasn't the only one out here in the darkness. She bit her lip as she listened; horses were riding off. Pulling herself from the water, she pulled her clothes in quickly, not caring that she was still extremely wet. Climbing onto her own horse, she tried to find who was out there. 

Iona finally caught up with the horses and their riders. She had been following the sound for a while, she didn't know how long she had travelled for, but she had caught up. "Ubbe?!" She called out to the one in the front, she knew him and knew what he was doing, she also knew he was making a massive mistake. 

Halting, Ubbe turned and looked at the young woman. "Stay out of this, child. I am doing this to protect us all, to get what is ours."

"Don't do this," she begged as she approached him, so their horses were next to each other. She looked up at him, seeing the colour of his eyes even in the darkness. "Please, Ubbe. What if it goes wrong?"

He sighed as he shook his head. "It's the right thing to do."

She watched as he rode away; Hvitserk looked at her for a second before following. The two men they were taking too, followed leaving her alone for a moment. Making the decision, Iona followed him as she caught up with Ubbe, trying to reason with him. 

"We won," she told him as she rode alongside him. "You have no reason to seek them out."

Ubbe kept his eyes on the path ahead of him. "Our father made a deal; they have land that is ours. I think it's time to get it back, to request it back."

Little Bear wished she could stop him, wished she could change the mind of the eldest son of Aslaug, but she knew he was hard-headed like his father. "You are making a mistake, Ubbe."  She bit her lip, "Please, turn back before it's too late."

He glanced at her, his eyes meeting hers. Ubbe noticed in the darkness how her eyes matched the night sky, but he didn't let it phase him. "My father would not want us to continue with this war, Little Bear. I know you did not grow up with a father; neither did we, but I know what he wanted to do with his life. You cannot continue to fight forever; one day, things have to change. Make that change."

"This is not the right time, Ubbe." Iona looked at Hvitserk, who stared at her. "You have to tell me, Hvit."

He didn't answer her; he turned to look forward. 

Little Bear knew where Hvitserk's loyalties lay. 

"Please, Ubbe." She said one more time, not watching where they were going. 

He stared forward as their horses halted. Iona turned her head and looked forward with wide eyes realising where they were. She wanted to speak, but it was too late; they had arrived at the camp of The Saxon's.