Who is Saga?

Ragnar helped the young woman; he carried her until they got to the house of the woman he once knew. Luckily when he got there, there seemed to be a light emitting through the window. Checking on the blonde in his arms once again, he was relieved to see she was still breathing even if it was slow and shallow. He kicked the door before the woman pulled the door open and stared up at the man before her.

"Ragnar Lothbrok," she noted it was him even though he had gotten old. "I did not think you would darken my doorway again."

He bit back the harsh words he wanted to speak, the last time he talked to the woman of the home; he had banished her from Kattegat. She had tried to help himself and Aslaug with Ivar; therefore, she had to go. Aslaug was the one who decided it, Ragnar was the one who had to do it.

"Please," he begged the woman as she offered the woman in his arms.

The woman looked at the girl; she was slowly dying. "Bring her inside," she told him as she stepped aside and pointed towards the table in the middle of the room.

Ragnar obeyed, walking inside and placing the fragile body of Little Bear on the large wooden table. "Can you help her?"

Walking around the table, the owner of the home reached for the top of the young woman. She exposed the wound before he nodded, "I can. You will pay me, Ragnar Lothbrok."

He nodded as he stood back and watched the wide woman.

She had the same sort of powers as his second wife, Aslaug; the difference was Saga could heal rapidly. Ragnar watched as the woman removed the moss from the wound on her shoulder before Saga started her work on the skin.

As he watched, he felt his eyelids grow heavy. He'd been travelling for days once he got back on land, Kattegat was further away than he anticipated, but he had to get back. He knew a lot would have changed, even as much as going there to find he had no one to back him. Slowly he fell into a deep sleep, unable to keep his eyes open and watch over the daughter of his first wife.

XOXOX

When Little Bear woke, she felt the cold hard surface below her back. Her eyes stared up at a wooden ceiling as she realised she was inside a house. Launching herself up to a sitting position, she let out a yelp as she stretched her sore shoulder. Her eyes flew to it, pulling her top down as her eyes widened to see the skin was sealed, scarred but sealed.

"It's much better now," a woman spoke making Iona look around rapidly before her eyes settled on the woman who was standing at a small handmade stove.

"You did this?" Iona asked as she swung her legs off the table, so she was sitting on the edge. The woman still had not turned to face her, but her long brown hair and sweet voice gave away the fact she was a woman.

Saga turned to look at the blonde, "Yes. It doesn't look pretty, but it's better than losing your life."

As much as she wanted to talk to this woman about the fact she was from the God's, Iona just nodded and smiled. "Where is Ragnar?" She asked about the man who had helped her here.

"He has finally returned to Kattegat," she told the girl who pushed herself to her feet.

Little Bear's eyes widened, "I have to go." She stumbled as she headed to the front door of the small hut.

The woman who healed her sighed, "You should be resting. The journey is long, and you might not make it."

"It's less than a day," Iona reminded the woman as she looked back at her. The woman had extremely dark eyes, something that sent chills down Little Bear's spine.

"I cannot tell you what to do," Saga said simply, as she tilted her head to the side and stared at the blonde. "Ragnar assured me he would send someone to return you to Kattegat."

Little Bear moved away from the door and took a seat on a chair around the table, "I best wait here then." She looked around; she was looking for the weapons she had with her.

Saga poured two bowls of broth before she brought them to the table, she placed one in front of Iona before she fetched two spoons then sat opposite the woman whose life she had saved. "My name is Saga," she finally broke the silence as Iona tucked into the meal.

"Little Bear," the blonde returned between mouthfuls.

The healing brunette smiled, "You are not Ragnar's daughter. You are someone close to him," she looked closely at the young woman, her face seemed so familiar, but Saga took a moment to place her finally. "Your mother, she is Lagertha."

Nodding, Little Bear looked at the olive-skinned woman, "Yes. I do not have a father."

"Everyone has a father," Saga told Little Bear as she reached for her hand. Little Bear was confused, but she let the woman hold her hand before Saga closed her eyes.

Iona watched in fascination, she didn't know what was happening, but she was intrigued. Suddenly, Saga's eyes flew open, and she dropped Iona's hand, taking her hand back swiftly. "What's wrong?" Little Bear asked her in a comforting tone.

Saga picked up her spoon and took some of her broth as she decided on whether or not to speak to the girl about what she had seen. The young woman was in danger; the truth would not set her free; it would tie her to fate. If Saga didn't tell her, maybe Little Bear could make different decisions to the ones she had seen.

"When you return to Kattegat," the words Saga chose to speak were picked carefully. "Choose your battles carefully, think before you speak, choose your friends wisely. Your life may depend on these things."

The younger woman was concerned that Saga had seen something, she raised her eyebrows, but they were interrupted by a knocking on the door of the hut. Iona looked at the door then back to the healing lady. Saga smiled, "I think that might be for you."