Twisted Thoughts

The darkness gave the young woman much time to think.  Her body ached from the shackles that had placed around her, a large metal choker like device around her neck only giving her suffienct space to move her head. This was had been chained to a wall on arrival at the place that they lived, she mesmerized where she was and she remembered entering a church before being took below where she would be housed. 

Iona had no idea how much time had passed, there was no windows in the room. She had herself, the wall and the chains that kept her close to the wall. Her hands were shackled together and kept close to her body so she did not have the freedom to move them without assistance. Gone were her weapons and her freedom, she knew they couldn't take some things from her, her beliefs and her thoughts. 

As she settled in, her small frame sitting on the cold floor using the wall to prop herself up, she thought of the Gods. She hoped Odin knew of her trouble and that he was sending help to her. 

When they had arrived, the second man had told her she needed to think hard about herself and remember that no one would save her, but she had not seen him since. 

During the time here, a few different men had been to see her. They spoke of their God and tried to tell her things about Christianity but Little Bear never responded. She only spoke when she needed to go to the toilet, something which was not a pleasant experience. 

Listening to the sounds about her, it was unusually loud before it fell silent. She tilted her head to the side as she wondered what could be happening. Maybe the building had caught fire and she would die here, even someone like her could not survive a fire if shackled to the walls. 

The blonde was not scared, if death was coming to her she would welcome it will open arms. Only Odin would judge her and she knew he'd be waiting for her in Valhalla. 

There was nothing, no sound until there was a sudden loud bang, followed by screams. 

Iona smiled to herself, the noise was like sweet music to her ears. Even if whoever it was killed her too, then she would know that her capters were also dead. 

She watched the door as the some sounds got close to where she was. She would never beg for her life, she wasn't like that but she hoped whoever it was would show her mercy as she was a prisoner. The door finally opened, her eyes wide when she saw Ubbe standing in the doorway. 

"Iona?" He used her real name as his eyes landed on her. He was quick as he walked towards her, his hands pushing her hair away from her face as he examined her face. "What happened? Why are you here?"

The blonde stared up at him before smiling. "Do not worry about any of that," she wanted to reach out and touch him too, to check that he was real as he did with her. "Just get me out of this."

Ubbe drew back his axe before driving it through the chain on the wall leaving the metal clasp around her neck. "I am going to get this off your hands, but you need to be still."

Nodding, she stood up as she closed her eyes and waited for Ubbe to help her. 

She felt the pressure before the chains fell from her hands before her eyes opened again. Rushing to him, she wrapped her arms around the eldest son of Aslaug. "Thank you," she was grateful that it was him who had saved her from here. 

"Come," he walked towards the door first, the blonde followed him. 

After climbing the stairs, she looked around the large church in disbelief. Bodies scattered the floor, blood seeped from every single one. There was only a few sounds, a small child that cried loudly, her eyes glanced to the boy who sat atop of bodies. There was a joyful scream which caught her attention, it was loud compared to the other screams in the room of the last few people that lived. 

Turning her head, she watched as Ivar crawled towards a priest who was laid on the floor. 

Ubbe looked at the young woman, he watched her eyes widen at the youngest Ragnarrson. 

Ivar reached for the cross necklace which was around the mans head, Iona gulped as she watched the anger that was in Ivar's eyes when he saw it before he shouted a loud "No."

She bit her lip, she wondered what he knew of the gift she was given, she hoped he was not the one to find it given his reaction here. 

Her mind was in two places, watching the man before her she couldn't help but feel torn. She felt so raw and exposed as she stared, her insides twisting as she felt the lustful pull towards him. He looked like a real warrior, his whole body and demenour filled her with a sexual desire so strong she wanted to be by his side forever. 

His eyes, his body full of passion, full of hatred as he punished the priest before him, sentencing him to death. It reminded her of herself, it made her smile, made her feel like she had someone in her life who knew exactly how she felt when she was about to execute someone.

A pot was brought over, she knew what it was, molten gold from the cross. Ivar spoke, she missed his words before he held the mans mouth open with his war picks, a sadistic smirk upon his face as someone poured the gold into the waiting mouth of the priest. 

Ivar's mouth opened in joy, his tongue sticking out as the gold bubbled and scoulded the face of the priest as he suffocated to death. 

Ubbe looked back to the girl beside him, her eyes were dark, black as she looked at the scene before her. She never noticed Ubbe watching her, she only saw Ivar. 

Once the horse dragged the body of the priest out of the church, he laughed manically as he scratched his bloody head with his war picks. His eyes landed on her, his laughing came to a halt, his lips forming a thin line as his eyes narrowed at the blonde. 

She wondered what he was thinking, her mind full of the worst things. 

Taking a deep breath, she hated the tension that filled the room. 

"Bring me my chariot," Ivar demanded as he looked away from her leaving her insides pulled apart.