Thoughts Said Outloud

"Ivar," Little Bear spoke as he finally turned his head and his eyes landed on her. She noticed the strange look in his eyes, she held her head up high wondering what would have happened if Hvitserk and herself didn't make themselves known. "We don't need a sacrifice," the blonde spoke confidently as she narrowed her eyes trying to shake off the anger in the back of her mind. 

He tilted his head to the side with a curious look about him. "And how do you suppose we please the Gods? We need them working with us, not against us."

She smirked a little, as she walked towards him. 

Behind her, she heard Hvitserk's footsteps getting quieter, an indication he was leaving them. 

"Together," Iona was now standing directly in front of him. She put her hands on the arms of the chair he sat in as they stared directly into each other's eyes. "I know who you are, Ivar. I know you have a gift." She wanted him to know how highly she thought of him. "You know the truth about me."

Ivar cupped her face with his hands before he pulled her in, he placed a kiss on her lips as she climbed onto his lap. "You are so beautiful," he told her as he stroked his right hand down her cheek. "One day, you will be my queen, ruling beside me, if you never betray me."

The daughter of the woman he hated put her hands on his chest. She leaned into him, she put her mouth to his right ear as she ground her body against him. "If you ever let that slave speak to you in such a manner again, betraying you will be the least of your worries."

His hand was quick to grip her hair pulling her head back so he could look into her eyes. She didn't stop him, she let him dominate her for a brief moment. "Do you want me to kill her?"

Iona thought for a moment, she smirked as she looked at him. He roughly pulled her head back to him, their lips meeting again. Their kisses were quick, passionate and rough. She had never felt the heat she felt when she was with him. Iona felt like she was on top of the world when they were together, whenever they spoke. He could say the cruellest things and she would still do whatever he wanted her to do. 

She pulled on his top, her fingers trying to pry it off him. "Not here," he mumbled against her lips as they both opened their eyes and looked at each other. "Not now." He wanted nothing more than to be with her, he was just afraid of what might happen given his last time in the bedroom with a woman.

Climbing off him, Little Bear took a deep breath as she composed herself. "I have things to do, Ivar. I shall return tonight."

Ivar didn't speak, Little Bear looked at him noticing the way his hands gripped the arms of his chair before she smirked to herself. She couldn't help but feel a little smug knowing she had done that to him. 

Turning on the spot, she then left the building not turning back once. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of looking back. 

"Always the same story with you," Hvitserk said to her as she stepped out into the open. 

She turned and looked at him as the two of them walked together. "One day, Hvitserk, you will understand, but, I think you already know why."

He raised an eyebrow before he shook his head, his eyes returned to look at the direction they were walking in. "I do not understand.  Why him?"

Iona pursed her lips as she thought about it. She listened to the sounds around her as she thought about Ivar, as she thought about the truth. "We share something," she didn't speak too honestly usually but it felt right at this moment in time. "We both want the same thing."

"You both want to see others suffer," Hvitserk was quick to butt in. 

Smirking, she looked at the brother who was a close friend. "You are not so different, I've seen you on the battlefield." Pulling her furs around her a little more, Iona smiled to herself as she thought about Ivar. "I think I am falling in love with him," she confided in her friend. 

Hvitserk turned his head sharply to stare at her as he stopped, Iona halted and looked back into his eyes. His eyes were wide as he stared at her. "You should be telling him this, not me."

"I might be falling in love with him, but, I don't know how he feels about me." For a moment, Little Bear let her insecurities shine through. "I saw the way he looked at that slave." She tilted her head to the side as she looked off into the distance. 

Reaching out to her, Hvitserk put a hand on her right shoulder, she looked at him again. "I see the way he looks at you," the words came from the mouth of Ivar's closest brother. "You cannot tell him what I just said. I know he cares for you, child."

Iona stepped away from Hvitserk as she smiled at him. "It's been a long time since I've been called that." 

"What are you two doing?" Ubbe's voice was loud as he approached the two friends. "We have a battle to prepare for." He put his arms around the two of them pulling them into him as e walked, getting the two to walk along with him. "You look well." 

Little Bear looked up at the man in her like who was more like her brother than her own. "I have missed spending time with you," she leaned her head into him as she curled her lips up. 

Ubbe gave her shoulder a little squeeze as they walked. "As have I with you, Little Bear."